6

Ricky's POV

I was heading to the Skatepark to meet Jack. I kinda made that a daily thing. Hanging out with Jack was pretty cool, it seems cool to hang out with someone who knows who I really am. It feels great not to keep a secret from them, the only problem is how to tell the others he and Big Red know.

I'm at the park waiting for Jack. I was on the phone with EJ, he was telling me he had the perfect gift for Gina. "A locket? That sounds great, Eej" I tell him. "Thanks, Curls. Speaking of which, what did you get for the others?"

That's where my smile fades, I didn't really know what to get anyone. A few years of being closed off really made it hard to pick something. "Um...I got them great gifts...something that can't be bought" I lie. It's gonna be hard getting everyone a gift, considering...I'm broke.

"Well, I can't wait to see," he says. "Neither can I" I mumble, but then I remember I'm still on the phone. "What was that, Bubba?"

"Um, Jack is here, gotta go, see ya!" I say before hanging up, I really wish I knew what to get them. But before I can think Jack walks up to me with his skateboard and...Walker? "Hey, Jack. What are you doing here, Artist?"

"Sorry, I didn't have anything to do at home, so I decided to tag along. Hope that's okay."

"No, no, of course, Artist" I smile at him. "You know how to skate?"

"Not really, sorry."

"Perfect, Jack, you go ahead, I'll teach Walker how to skateboard," I tell him. "Okay, have fun" Jack smirks before walking off. I lead Walker outside. "What are we doing out here?"

"Before you go in there, I should teach you how to at least keep your balance" I chuckle. He carefully steps on the skateboard and I take his hands, carefully leading him down the street, making him grin. "Okay, I'm gonna let go," I say after a few minutes. He nods his head and I let go. He seems to have kept his balance.

He seems to have gotten used to it, but he skates over a rock, almost falling off. I run over and try to catch him, but I wasn't fully balanced and he ended up falling on me with my hands around his waist.

We both start laughing as I help him up. "I'm sorry."

"It's good, you okay?" I ask, still laughing. "I'm good, I can take a hit."

"Oh really?"

"Don't hit me, please" he says, and I start to laugh again, then we hear a voice. "Hey, you guys okay?" Jack asks, walking up and helping us up. "Yeah, Walker almost fell and I tried to catch him."

"So you guys good?"

"Yeah, we're good."

"Okay, I'm gonna head back in, please be careful, I promise your brother I would return you clean" he chuckles before heading back in. "You have a brother?" I ask him. Speaking of which, I wonder when my baby sister's gonna be born. It's been weeks since I heard about her. What if she's already been born and nobody told me?

"Yeah, he's kinda the only person I feel like I can really go to about my problems."

"You have problems? Is everything okay?" I ask, actually concerned. I haven't heard anyone say they had problems at home since...well, since the last time I said that. Does Walker have an abusive parent? Or something worse?

"Sorry, I'm good, I think."

He thinks? That's not an official answer. "Listen, I know we're not like...the greatest friends, but if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here. I know what it's like to have a few problems at home."