76

Ricky's POV

I walk through Walker's backyard and climb up his treehouse ladder. I fixed things with Nini, and now it's time o fix everything with Walker. I need to tell him why I'm ignoring him, I need to tell him what I did.

"Knock, knock."

Walker opens the door with a grin. "Hey, Ricky" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "What happened to Golden Boy?" I really loved that nickname. "What happened to Artist?" I lower my head in disappointment.

"Ricky, we need to talk."

"I agree."

He leads me in and we both take a seat on the couch. "Ricky, I'm sorry if I'm coming off...too clingy and needy. I'm still getting used to being a hero and I really love our friendship. I guess you're being, like, my own superhero. I'm sorry if I invaded your space."

"Walker, you didn't do anything. It's me. It's what I did."

"What are you talking about?"

I have to tell him, I just can't tell anyone. "Walker, you know the saying 'find yourself?'"

"Yeah, a lot, actually."

"Um, Walker, I think I'm ready to tell you the full story. I did something over the weekend that no one can know about. You have promised me that you won't tell anyone about this."

"Ricky...what did you do?"

(Over the weekend)

I was so confused.

I curl up on my bed on my computer. Out of everyone, I loved hanging out with Walker the most. More than I should, and I don't know why. Then it hit me. Walker told me he was gay. So I searched on the internet.

5 signs you might be gay

1. you love superhero movies

2. you have some pretty sexy dreams

3. every time you see a straight couple, you wonder what the big deal is

There were a few more. I mean, who doesn't love superheroes? I don't dream of any guy like that! And...maybe I do wonder what the big deal is between Gina and EJ sometimes, but that doesn't mean anything.

I look up another website. "LGBT-lover.co.us" and I take a quiz.

The Ultimate Gay Quiz.

I answered a few stupid questions like do you ever find yourself crushing on actors who are the same gender as you? I mean, everyone always says I love Harry Styles, but who cares? Who doesn't love him?

Are you a bot possessive of at least one friend of the same sex? I mean, maybe...I'm a little protective of Walker, so what? He's my...for some reason, I don't wanna say friend.

Have you ever wondered what it was like to kiss a member of the same sex? Well...I don't know. At least, I don't think I do.

I answered a few more questions and I saw the results. My heart paced faster, my stomach dropped and my eyes glowed.

Bisexual.

Even if my eyes were glowing, tears still fell. I thought I was straight. I thought I knew myself. I thought I knew who I was. Apparently, I don't. I'm not homophobic or anything, but a part of me just didn't wanna accept this. I just thought everything around me was changing, but it turns out.

I'm changing.

(Present)

"Ricky..." Walker looks at me with parted lips. I'm trying my hardest not to cry in front of him, but I feel my eyes watering up. "I'm not upset about it. At least, I don't think so. I'm just having a life crisis. Everything is changing too fast for me. My mom's in jail, my dad's pressuring me about my half-sister, I just broke up my dad and Miss Jenn, EJ's going through a rough patch, and now this. Everything is too much for me. And I hate it. I hate myself."