46

Gina's POV

"Keep in mind, this is only a mock-up," Kourtney tells me. We were trying on jackets for Carlos's party. "It's perfect, Kourt. His favorite color is glitter. Once this is done, he's gonna go nuts for this. Let me just try..." I do a little dance and almost hit Kourtney.

"Sorry, for the party. I'm recreating this crazy home movie dance video that Carlos made in 7th grade."

"uh, since when are you two so close? 'Cause 2 weeks ago, you weren't even talking and now you're throwing him to the party of the century?"

"Honestly, I know where I stand with him. I know what he's going through...mostly cause he talks to me...which is what I can't say for most boys at this school." EJ has been really distant, and I'm his girlfriend, he's never been with me like that before.

I look at Kourtney who looks at me, worried. I can't bother her with my feelings I have a sis...I have Nini for that. "Anyway, you are a lifesaver for making this so fast."

"Hey, you showed up and saved EJ, Ricky, and Nini when they had trouble with Nightmare and the Cosmic Witch. It's the least I could do. And then, after all of that, you get to stay? We truly are blessed sometimes."

"I guess. I still feel like I don't belong" I mumble. I don't know why though. I'm living with my best friend, I have the best boyfriend, and a group of friends, I don't know what's wrong. "Okay, What are you trying to say right now? 'Cause I need subtitles."

"I just feel like I haven't yet settled in yet. I mean, I still feel weird living in Nini's house, I still feel like I stand out, and whatever EJ's going through, he doesn't feel comfortable enough to talk to me about it."

"In EJ's defense, if he's not talking to you or his boyfriend, then it's too personal."

"Boyfriend?"

"You know I mean Ricky. You know, when Howie's keeping secrets from me, I force it out of him. He may have the power of the moon, but I have the power to break up with him."

"I gotta learn to be more like you, Kourt."

"Well, I'm still trying to be more like Carlos, loud and proud."

"And for that alone, he deserves a goodbye party."

"You mean a surprise party?" Oh...uh...

"G, where are you?" Carlos shouts. "I need your eye on the wolf sequence

"Thanks again, Kourt" I grab my jacket and run out.

Ricky's POV

After school, Nini and I were making flower arrangements for the party. "Hey, hey, big party day" I hear my dad say. "Looks like you're up to your ears in rose petals."

"Yeah, so far, no thorns, so" Nini grins.

"Is that a euphemism?"

"You use the word euphemism, yet you're tanking English class?"

"Okay, boomer."

"I was born in the 70s!"

"Okay, are you ready?" Nini asks. I am, like, the Piccaso of flower arrangments." She holds up her arrangement and...well...it's not the greatest. "Uh, wait, what's that?"

"yeah, Piccaso wasn't appreciated in his time."

"Is that true?"

"No, he was extremely wealthy and a terrible person."

"Nini, I thought you said you could do centerpieces"

I know, but everyone was so excited about helping out with the party, and I just wanted to be a part of it."