68

Lily's POV

Lily and Howie tumble down the tunnel and when the gate opens, we land on the rocky ground. Howie gets up and helps me as well. I look around. It was dark, and we were surrounded by rubble. "I think we're underground," Howie says.

"Yes, and I bet Jamie and possibly the others are in there" I point to the gate in front of us that leads to some caved lair. "Okay, so we'll look for the others, find Jamie and try to look for what we need," I tell him.

We walk over to the lair. Howie holds up his hand and creates a ball of light. The gate slowly opens. That's a little ominous. "You sure about this?" Howie asks. "We don't really have a choice."

We walk inside and see we're in...a laboratory? And the best thing, they had the Blood Lust chemicals.

"Wow! He's just

"Wow! He's just...handing them to us?" I wonder aloud, looking around for some sort of trip. "It must be some trick. He wouldn't just leave these, would he?"

"I don't know, but if there's a chance we can grab these and leave, we should take it."

"I guess you're right. Just gotta be careful." I slowly take small steps toward 2 of the chemicals. I'll just grab 2 just in case. I magical conjure a green bag. Just in case this is a trick, I conjure 2 other new flasks to replace them.

I quickly swap them so nothing seems out of place and triggers anything. Nothing's gone wrong...yet. I stuff the 2 flasks in my bag. "Alright, let's get out of here," Howie says. Then suddenly, we heard a sound.

A creaking sound.

We both turn and see the gate opening slowly. 2 beedy eyes glow. "What is that?"

It jumps out and it's a Brotherhood guy. More follow him. Soon, there are 8 surrounding us. "You ready for this?" I turn to Howie who gives me a nod. I fly to one of them and hit him with a beam of magic.

Another one tries to attack me, but Howie blinds him with a beam of light. He touches his shoulder and the brother hovers into the air with no way done.

I play with one of their minds and give him the illusion that one of his teammates was Howie. He shoots a gun at him and takes him out. Then I throw a ball of magic at him taking him out. Howie covers his fist in Lunar armor and punches one in the face before kicking him in the chest with Lunar armor on his foot.

The last guy had a guy missile launcher in his hands. If he fires that, this whole lab could explode, and we could all die.  He fires one and with one hand, I turn it into roses.

he gets ready to fire another one, but Howie throws a giant purple-colored crystalline Lunar construct at him, knocking him out. I was closer to his missile and turn it into a mini play toy.

"Okay, come on, let's get out of here," I say. I say through the comms. "Are you guys okay??" I ask.

"We're fine," Ricky says.