106

Nini's POV

"Card for the cup and the candle" I approach Seb and Carlos. "Thank you, Nini" Seb smiles. "Carlos also says thank you." I look down at Carlos, his only stare was in the mirror. He looked terrified and frozen. "Is he with us?"

"He got a little freaked out when he realized the North High Lumiere was actively on fire the entire show."

"Now, hey, hey. Nobody is more than you, Carlos."

"He says 'good one.'" Okay, so everybody's panicking. EJ's ready to go on a suicide mission. Guess it's up to me to help boost everyone up. "Okay! Half-hour call!" Natalie calls out. We all let out our own kind of cheer.

"Wildcats! Villagers! My friends and and allies" Miss Jenn calls us. "As you know, there is a judge out there in the audience tonight who is very important in the future of this theater program. He is going to score every performance: our music, our sets, Lord help us, even me. And in 2 weeks at the Menkies, we could win $50, 000. So tonight, we are going to put the U in Utah! And...to Ricky and Ashlyn, a few words of inspiration...my deep and shameful disappointment in your recent accident as with...other situations have mellowed to a sort of...numbness, so there's that."

"Were the words of inspiration?" Ash asks.

"Yes, they are! Okay, where's LeFou?

"Sorry, I'm late! Just some dry heaving" Big Red red races in, holding a bottle of Pink Bismuth. "Dude" Ricky says. Big Red is really terrified, we can tell just by looking at him.

"Dry!"

"Um," Ashlyn holds up a giant bouquet of flowers. "Biggie, I got you a little something for your big debut. There's a card and everything. Big Red was so happy, then he almost barfed and ran out.

"He's ready" Ash tries to assure us.

EJ's POV

I look through the curtain, we had a full house. I look at the front row. Ally, Uncle Dennis, and Aunt Debby were in the front row. I remember when mom in dad was in the front center. I kinda stopped doing theater after their death. So not gonna lie, it feels weird being up here in makeup and costume again.

Yes, I know the others must think I'm crazy to want to go over Zach on my own, but this is between me and him. Too many innocent people have been hurt, and Ricky's dad paid a price I should've paid.

One way or another, this is ending tonight.

"Mr. Caswell!"

Right after Opening Night.

I throw myself right back when I hear Mister. M's voice. Just gotta get through tonight. "Big man on campus. I suppose this is your first time back on stage since..."

"My parents died, yep?"

"Is the whole family here?"

"My uncle and aunt are in the front row, so yes."

"I bet they're proud."

"Yeah, they should be. Their daughter's the lead."

"I'm sure they're proud of your cousin, but I meant they're proud of you." He pats my shoulder and walks away. Are they proud of me? Cause I haven't done a lot to deserve that. "Hey, you really did me a favor by helping me out with everything."

"That's not a favor. It's just doing what you can."

"Gaston, let's check your body mic," Natalie says. "Thanks, Mr. M"

I gotta talk to Uncle D about something I wanna do for him.

Miss Jenn's POV

"Hi! Yu look nice" I approach Benjamin. "As do you too."