14

Ashlyn's POV

"The party may begin!" I hear Carlos shout, walking inside my house, Seb behind him. I walk down the stairs and give my friends a big hug. Now, was it a good idea to host a party with this whole...glitter situation? Probably not, but it doesn't matter, it's just glitter. Yeah...just glitter.

"My couple goals!" I quickly pull away once I feel their red sweaters. "Oh, wow. In the softest sweaters, I've ever felt." It's literally like a feather in a pillow! "Well, I wouldn't be caught dead in an ugly sweater, so I got these!" Carlos beams. I see Seb scratch the back of his head.

Carlos has a lot of money, a lot! And that kinda makes Seb a little uncomfortable. Carlos gave him a matching red sweater for the holidays. It's cashmere. From Brooks Brothers. it cost $200. According to Seb, his entire closet doesn't cost that much.

"So... how're things going with your roomie?" Seb asks, trying to change the topic

"Literally, the best," my face lighting up, "Like, EJ doesn't even feel like a cousin now, he feels like a brother—Ooh, wait till you see his outfit!" Kourtney came over and gave us our own personal makeovers.

"Speaking of, where is EJ?" Carlos asks.

"Hello, hello!" EJ walks down from the top of the stairs.

"EJ! You look amazing!" Seb gushes.

"A Kourtney Greene original" Kourtney grins, walking down the stairs. "Of course, only you would make something so awesome! Did you make those bracelets too?" Carlos asks, pointing to EJ's wrist.

"Oh, no, this was Nini's gift to me, Gina, and Ricky."

"Of course" Seb grins. "She's so sweet!"

"Well, enough of this, time to party!" Carlos grins, walking into the living room with us behind him. I was about to follow him but turn to EJ who was just staring off. "You coming or...?"

"Oh, sorry, I'm just...taking it all in."

"Taking what in?"

"It's just that..." He chuckles, shaking his head. "Usually at every party, I would be hearing these loud noises or a bunch of thoughts going through my head about how 'I didn't belong' I guess."

"Is that happened when we had that party for you after the whole explosion?"

"Uh, yeah, I guess that was just my powers kicking in. But I'm fine now, and I owe most of that to you" he grins. "Aww, that's sweet, but it was mostly you. New year, new you."

"Yeah, I guess I'm trying to be different this year."

"Well, if anyone can do that, it's you" I laugh. "By the way, you have some dirt on your lip."

"It's a beard and you know it."

"Please promise me you'll shave" I laugh. He chuckles and nods his head before walking into the living room.

When the small talk and party resume, I walk over to Eej, looking for a certain redhead I was hoping to kiss tonight.

"Have you seen Red?" I ask him. "Ricky said he has an extra shift at Slices, sorry, cuz." My phone buzzes in her pocket. "Oh! This is him now: please order pizza so I have an excuse to come." She looks quizzically at EJ, "Okay, then."

EJ's POV

A few minutes later, after collecting everyone's requests for Pizza, Ashlyn hangs up from Slices just in time to see Ricky, Nini, and Gina scamper in the door. "Hey, you!" I grin at Gina who takes a seat next to me.