41

EJ's POV (Few days ago)

When Ricky got me back to the gym, everyone was very surprised when I came covered in blood. Ricky even took a picture and sent in the ground chat. They kept asking me what happened, but I kept saying I didn't wanna talk about it.

Right now, we were at home. Uncle Dennis was wiping the blood off my face. "You're gonna have to wash that shirt about 100 times" he chuckles, but I've been silent since I got home. "You wanna tell me what happened?"

"Not really in the mood for a story." I just wanted to think about what happened. I found out the guy who wanted to kill me killed my parents. I massacred the entire place. I killed people.

And I didn't feel bad.

Aunt Debby comes into the room and lifts up my chin. "Elijah James. If a child comes into the house covered in blood, the adults are gonna be worried. But to have blood that isn't his, what happened over there, young man?"

UGH, they're never gonna let this go. Guess I should tell them. "I met the leader of the brotherhood."

"His name is Spite."

"How did you guys say my parents die??"

"In a building, they weren't able to save themselves," Aunt Debby says.

"Heh, you really believe that?"

"Eej...what did he tell you?"

"He showed me what happened that day. They were able to get everyone out of the building. They could've stopped that bomb. They could've saved them. But...Spite paralyzed them. He stunned them. So they couldn't leave. He...killed them. Then promise...he would make me suffer. He thinks it's a game. Either he kills me. Or I kill him."

"Oh, sweetie" Aunt Debby wipes a tear from my face. I didn't know I was crying. Uncle Dennis pulls me in for a hug. "It's not gonna come to that, bud. We'll make sure of it."

They can't make sure of that. Only I can.

Nini's POV

"So I understand why you didn't wanna talk about it when Ricky got you, but why were you covered in blood? That wasn't yours?" I sat down with EJ in the hallway. He needed someone to talk to, and right now I'm the only one.

"Well, after I learned what happened, I got so angry, and I felt something weird inside of me. The next thing I knew, I had this new power where I could make anything explode with the right frequency. I broke out, some were very injured, some...I killed. And the worst thing...I don't feel bad about what I did."

"EJ, that's not okay."

"I know, I know. I just feel like my whole life fell apart the moment my parents died."

"Hey, that's not true" I rub his arm and give him a grin. Before I could finish, the lights go out. "Well, that's great" he rolls his eyes.

I hold up my hand and toss multiple balls of lightning in the air. "There, light.'

Gina's POV

I can't believe Carlos. I thought that we would be a team, he asked me to be his co-choreographer. And by that I mean, I would choreograph the whole show and he would just...I don't know, clap.

"This number was inspired by my second-oldest sister's quince" Carlos brags. I need someone to talk to. I mean, there was Ricky, but he was focused on his crush, Walker. Don't tell him I said that. There was Jack. EJ and Nini were nowhere to be found. I could text Jamie, he's always good for advice.

"Theme, sultry jazz. Sebastion, you may begin."

The electricity starts to crackle and the lights go out. Well, I know that wasn't Nini. "Oh, what was that?" Ashlyn asks. I hear the thud near the door. "Maybe a power light went out."