113

Jack's POV

What I wanted to do tonight: Have a good time with Nini and read the note she gave me, hoping it's saying what actually a little shy to say.

What's actually happening tonight: We have to help our super friends save the world from some psycho who wants to start an all-out war.

I know things don't always work out our way, but this is way too much. We were all helping the heroes get the others to safety. When they didn't take us seriously, they took people in suits seriously.

"Is that everyone?" Kourtney asks.

"Hopefully, but you guys also need to get somewhere safe," Jean says.

"Um, you guys," Seb points up into the sky. Black smoke fell from the clouds and into the city. This isn't good. The war's begun. The power starts to surge throughout the city. I wanted a normal night to hang out with Neens, instead, I get this.

A ball of green magic hits a building and knocks it down, making us all jump. The Brotherhood of Fear starts to come in all around town. "ALL RIGHT, GET OUTTA HERE!" They tell us. We all quickly race away as a bolt of purple lightning hits the road and it implodes.

Ricky's POV

I watch as Howie heals the boy I like, who was laying on one of those beds you'd find in the hospital. I was scared and freaking out, but trying my best not to show it.

My heart stopped when Howie stopped. "Why'd you stop?" I ask almost too quickly. "Well, I was able to heal his kidney. Should be better in a few days, but he'll have to miss out on the big fight."

"That's a bummer," Gina says. "We needed all hands on deck."

"You guys can still do this" Dennis tells us. "I'll stay with Walker, but one of you has to tell him."

"I'll do it" I volunteer. The others walk out, leaving me alone with Walker, who was fighting sleep. "Hey, how you doing?" I walk up to him and rub his arm.

"Well, Howie healed a stab wound, so I'll be okay soon. I just have to get back into the fight-"

"Wow, wow, wow, slow down, Artist. Howie said you gotta stay 'cause it's gonna take you a while to heal. So we're just gonna pop out, save the city, stop the war and I'll come straight back to see you."

"Wait, y-you're going off without me?"

"Um, well, y-yeah, Walker. I kinda need you alive, I don't know how I'm supposed to tell your dad and his brother that 'I'm so sorry, but Walker died saving the city.'"

"Ricky, this is my first big fight, I have to be there" he tries to sit up, but I lay him back down. "Hey, Artist, you've done more than enough. And I don't want you to die. There will be other battles for you to fight...just not this one. It'd be great to have you out there, but not like this."

"Ricky, I can help you."

"And you are...by staying here safe. Please promise me you won't leave, please!"

He looks at me, trying to decide his answer. I know he's determined to fight, but he needs to stay here to heal a little more. I feel him grab my hand. "You better come back."

"I will. We all will."

"Break a leg."

"He killed my dad and stabbed you, I'll break all his legs." I made him laugh, and his laugh made me smile. "See ya, Artist" I pat his shoulder and walk out. Time to finish this.

Jack's POV

"He knows who we are! WHAT DO WE DO?" Carlos starts freaking out like crazy. "How about you stop yelling before you get us caught?" Amber tells her. "We gotta get somewhere safe," Kourtney says. "We can't go to Slices, that's too obvious."