22

EJ's POV

"And next up, we have...okay where's Ricky? Ricky?"

"I'm here! I'm here!" Ricky runs on stage with his guitar. Okay, I'll sit through some of his audition, but then I really have to talk to Ashlyn about what happened during her performance. At first, I didn't notice anything, but then my senses started to go off, and they I saw her.

"I really didn't have time to finish this song, but I really hope it's enough."

"Show me what you got honey" Miss Jenn says. Ricky starts strumming his guitar before beginning to sing.

(Ricky)
I'm breakin' the spell
I'm ending the cycle
Been goin through hell, I need more than survival
If I don't work this out, im probably gonna pass it down again
The time for change is now

Its my life
Its my life to life
Oh

I stay through a bit more of Rick's performance, but I see Ashlyn walk outside. Okay, now's my chance, I sneak out and follow her. "Hey, cuz!"

Ash turns around and gives me a grin. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to say congrats, your song was amazing!"

"Thanks!"

"Yeah, I especially love whatever special effects you used to make your eyes turn from brown to silver" I stuff my hands in my pocket. "Yeah, eye contacts," she says weirdly. She tries to walk away, but I super-speed in front of her.

"And whatever you used to make those silver sparks fly from your hands, that was so cool. How'd you do it?"

"Um, special effects, silver glitter I found around the house" she lies. She tries to take another step but I stop her. "Ash, I know when you lie. Mostly cause you're terrible at it. I thought we were brother and sister, come on. Tell me the truth."

She looks at me for a minute before finally coming out with it. "Okay, uh, this is no reason to freak out or make ascene, but...I have powers."

"I kinda figured. But how?"

"I guess I was kinda affected by the explosion as well. But my powers came later."

"Okay, but you should've told us. Something could've happened during your audition."

"I know, and I'm sorry, but I really wanted to do this. Please don't tell dad."

"I won't tell dad you kept it from him. But we do have to tell him you have the powers. After his audition, Ricky and I are gonna grab Gina and head to the gym, we both got some new powers."

"Alright."

"Good, I'll grab him, we'll go, then I'll call Big Red to ask him the roles we got. Good?"

"Good. And thank you, Eej" she grins. Hey, I'm a good cousin. She helps me with everything, I owe this to her. "What are cousins...or I guess siblings for?" I smirk give her a side-hug.

Ricky's POV

After my audition, the others give me a round of applause. Miss Jenn gives me one of her warm smiles, I'm really glad I did this for her. As I walk off stage, Jack meets me there. "Hey, I need a minute. Superhero business."

"What's up?" I ask. He leads me outside and into the halls where I see Walker. "Hi" I grin.

"Hi" he smiles.

"Yeah, okay" Jack rolls his eyes. "Walker, show him, please."

Walker touches the walls and...he's climbing the walls! Thankfully no one's around. "You see that too, right?" I ask Jack. He looks at me and nods his head. "I think he was also affected by the explosion."

"Jack, why are we telling Ricky?"

"Trust me, he can help. Can you take him wherever you can go help him with this?"

"Absolutely, we're actually about to head off now," I look back up at Walker. "Artist, can you get down there?" He nods his head before taking a breath. After a few seconds, Walker falls off, but lands on his feet.

Well, he's got the superhero landing down.

"Thanks, Jack" I pat his arm and he walks off with a grin. "Are you okay?" I ask Walker. He quickly nods his head. "Ricky, what's going on with me?"

"Don't worry, everything's gonna be okay." I don't know what's wrong with me, but I felt I was supposed to help him, like every bone in my body wants Walker to feel and be okay. I can tell he's a little scared, and I want to help him.

"Come on, we're gonna find a few others and go on a trip" I grab his hand and find EJ. Now Walker has powers, great.

Gina's POV

"So how was your audition?" Nini asks me on the phone.

"Great, I decided to perform with Ash and Kourt and I'm so glad I did. But now we gotta go."

"Wait, why?"

"Well, Ricky and EJ's powers are kicking on more, and I do have to tell EJ's uncle about your powers, so they said we're leaving right after the auditions to tell him about it."

"Well, that's great. Call me the minute you know the cast, my money's on you being Belle." (This was actually my first thought of Season 2)

"I'm not gonna be Belle, but you got it."

"Bye, sis!" She says before hanging up. Sis, I'm still not used to tat, yet. Suddenly, EJ walks up with Ashlyn and Ricky walks up with Walker. "Ricky, what's Walker doing here?" I ask him. "Long story short, Walker has powers and we need to take him to the gym."

"Ash has powers too, so we have to take her as well," EJ says. This is a lot at once, and now I'm kinda feeling left out that I don't have any big news either. "Well, guess we're leaving now. Let's go."

Dennis POV

Debby was with me at the gym, I was showing her the ring and we were discussing the "EJ" topic.

"I think we should tell him today," Debby says. "If we keep this from him any longer, he'll be very angry, what if he closes himself off again?"

"You're right, I mean it this time. We'll tell him after school."

Almost on cue, my phone starts to ring. It's EJ. "Hey, sport, what's up?"

"Hey, Ricky, Gina and I are on our way, Ricky and I got a few more powers. Also, one of our friends and Ash have powers now, so we're bringing them here."

"Okay, well, we can...wait, my daughter has powers?" No, no, no, I can't have Ashlyn be on the field. I know her, she'll want to. I almost lost my nephew, I can't risk the chance of losing my daughter.

"Ya know what, we're cutting off, gotta go, see you at the gym, bye," he says before hanging up. That little...I would kill him if I hadn't promised his dad I'd watch after him...and if he didn't have super strength.

"What's wrong?" Debby asks. "Ash and one of their friends have powers."

"Did you just say Ashlyn has powers?"

"That's what EJ said."

"Do you think it's because of what EJ did?"

"There's no other explanation" well, they're probably gonna question how she does. Guess it's time. "Okay, it's official. We'll tell them when they get here."

My brother had powers. My sister-in-law has powers. My nephew has powers that gave his friends and my daughter powers. I really hope Asher grows up normal.

So the next chapter is gonna be pretty big for Ashlyn, Walker, and EJ. Actually, 23, 24, and definitely 25 are gonna circle around EJ, just adding more trauma, which I'm very good at adding. This should be concerning. I swear, I was so ready to make EJ the Beast and Ricky Gaston, but I digress. Besides, I think EJ being Gaston will add more to his dark arc of the story, so I'm glad I didn't change it lol. Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.