99

Nini's POV

"Okay, I definitely approve of these outfits, EJ has some good taste" I scroll through the pictures, showing her every picture from the club. "You think he could make me look that good?"

"Actually, I came to talk to you about something."

"I'm here for you, girl."

"I was thinking...of telling Jack that I like him." Kourtney squeals, grabbing my hands. "OMG, girl, I am all for it. And I totally approve, but just let him know that if he breaks your heart, I'll break him! But Nah, that boy if fOne!"

"Okay, okay, it's not an official decision" I roll my eyes. "I don't know if he even feels the same way. I'm just waiting for a sign, I guess."

"The boy hung out with you on valentine's day. The literal holiday of love. He LOVES you!"

"Keep your voice down!"

"He loves who? Not the biggest fan of love" Jack approaches us, making a cute scrunched-up face. "Just the number of people who love Nini."

"Well, that's understandable" Jack nudges my shoulder. "Oh, by the way, be careful with the type of people who heart your videos cause they can possibly find a way to track you down."

"Um, thanks?" Kourtney asks. Jack flashes a grin and walks away. "I'm starting to see the red flags," Kourt says, but I just roll my eyes at her. "Really, all I see is green."

"That could just be because he's wearing a green shirt and hat."

Ricky's POV

"How do you put this thing on?" I turn the Beast mask left and right. "Here, let me see" EJ takes the mask from me and holds it out of my reach. "Hey!" I reach for it, but he pulls away. I roll my eyes. "I hate you."

"Aww, love you too, Bubba."

"Hardy har. But speaking of which, I was thinking of talking to you-know-who about...well, you know..."

EJ looks back at Walker, who's talking with Cyrus. "Well, I can't control what you say, but I will support you. You supported me with Gina. And by that, I mean, you tried to out me every moment we were around her."

"Like a good best friend."

"That's not a good thing."

"Hello? Let's get started!" Carlos shouts and Miss Jenn takes the lead. "Okay, Wildcats! Let's shake Spring Break out of our systems and try the Beast transformation one last time. And remember, this is the triumph of the show, the moment the audience has been waiting for. This Has to work!"

"No, pressure, right?" I whisper to Ash, who chuckles nervously. Miss Jenn has been pressuring us for a while. I know she's stressed, but still. "Ricky, try not to rush this time. We'll speed it up when you're more confident."

"Got it." I was feeling plenty confident until she said that.

"Let's take it from...' you came back.'"

EJ hands me my mask and I struggle to put my mask on. This would've gone so easier if I could use my telekinesis. I see Ash taking a deep breath on her knees. I kneel down and lay down on her lap.

"Okay, go ahead."

"You came back," I say, raspy, trying to recall everything I felt when my mom beat me, but that was just sadness, pain, a black eye, and a lot of bruises. "If only I'd come sooner," Ash asks. "Maybe it's better this way..."

"Don't talk like that. Everything will be fine."

"No."

"Shh. We're together now. You'll see."