60

EJ's POV

I was hanging in my room, just chilling. I just put Asher to sleep so now I was just playing my guitar, strumming soft notes. I needed something to calm me down. Yes, I did save my friendship with Ricky, but I also almost hurt him again.

And Nini told us all in the group chat Emily Pratt ran into her and told us everything. The way Emily acted. The way Emily looked. That would be me soon...and I'm scared. And playing my guitar keeps me calm.

I hear a knock on my door. I look up and see Gina in a beautiful pink floral mini dress and her black leather jacket. She held a box of Pizza in her hands. "Hi!"

"You almost scared me" I put my guitar next to me on my bed. "Good. Cause I'm your mother's ghost. I've taken over your girlfriend's body and I'm here to tell you not to let all of this get to you."

"I'm not letting it get to me" I give her a fake smile and cross my arms. "EJ, I know when you lie. Tell me the truth."

"Okay, maybe it's getting to me a little. Wait, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I thought after finding out about that Emily Pratt and what happened to her with the Blood Lust, you could use a distraction, so I thought we could have a little date night. I got Pizza from Slices."

I give her a big smile. There's nothing this girl can do to make me not like her. We talked for a while. I'm so glad I have her. She's always there for me, being a good girlfriend with moral support and warm hugs.

Gina's POV (A  few minutes ago)

"Really? He's infected?" I was talking online with Jamie. I was explaining everything that happened with the whole Brotherhood drama. "Yeah, he's one of the reasons I'm staying. If he's angry, the Blood Lust grows stronger and if I leave, I'll just send him over the deep end."

"So he's the main reason you stayed?"

"Pretty much. I don't know, I feel like I'm being a bad girlfriend, I'm trying to help him, but I can't."

"Gina, you're helping him by being there. When I talked to EJ about surprising you, he couldn't stop talking about how amazing you are. Gina's so comforting, Gina's so kind and caring. I could've swore he loved you."

I start to blush and look down, smiling. He thinks I'm kind and caring. People have used a lot of words to describe me. Mean, scary, sneaky, but kind and caring...not really. "Well, what should I do?"

"Well, be there for him. Spend time with him. Let him know he's not alone. Consider this a little redemption after not coming to see me this weekend."

"Whatever, I'll see you next week."

"Just go help EJ, okay?"

"Okay, I love you, JJ."

"I love you too, Gigi."

I hang up the phone and think of ways to be there EJ. Maybe he doesn't need any words of advice, maybe doesn't need protection, he just needs someone to be there with him. I wanna be that someone. Well, I think I have to be  since I'm his girlfriend. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

I close my eyes and make a wish. I feel my hands glow as I hold them together. I wish EJ will be okay. I wish I can be a good girlfriend. I wish that everything will work out. And I have a little plan.

I take out my phone and call Big Red. "Hey, Big Red. You think I can order a Pizza?"

(Present Time)

We both sit on the floor, eating Pizza. "Want a piece?" I hold up a slice of Pizza. He nods his head, opens his mouth and I feed it to him. He lets out a small laugh. "Gigi, this is all very sweet, but why'd you do all this for me?"