33

Ashlyn's POV

I walk into Slices and see Big Red on the stage. "Hey, Ash!" The whole restaurant looks at me, gotta say, this is a little embarrassing. "Are you ready to be swept off your feet?"

I walk through the tables and to the stage. "Um, could we actually just talk for a second?"

"Sure" he steps down from the stage and we take a seat at a nearby table. "How are you?"

"I'm good. Chill. How are you?"

"Uh, it's been kind of a strange day."

"yeah?"

"Yeah. I mean...I love being the lead in the show, and I love that everyone apparently thinks I can be, you guys even think I can be this amazing superhero, it's just a lot of security, or I guess you could say self-security, I'm just not used to it, do you know what I mean?" Come on, being the lead is more of a Gina or Nini thing, being a hero is more of an EJ thing, I've just been the supportive best friend, the girl behind the chair.

"Not really" Biggie shrugs

"Honestly, I think it feels kinda strange to me to be playing an infunge this semester, waking up with these magical abilities for many reasons."

"Wait, why?"

"You're really asking?"

"You're perfect Ashlyn. I think you should pay the princess in everything. No offense."

"No, none taken" I grin, looking down. "Wait, so you've been feeling afraid?" He asks. Guess I have been. "Kinda terrified actually, why?"

"I've been feeling afraid. I planned this whole big song so I can prove that I was cool enough to date you"

"What? That's what all of this today was about?" He starts to chuckle and looks down, playing with his fingers. "What?"

"I'm just really happy being afraid together."

"Yeah, same" I take his hand in mine. "Happy Valentine's Day, Ash."

"Yeah."

Seb's POV

"That's adorable" Carlos gins as we watch Ashlyn and Big Red from another table. "There's nothing like young love."

"Yeah, speaking of which" my heart starts beating faster as I get nervous. I listened to Kourtney's advice to be me. I give him a little heart treat that says "look under seat."

"What did you do??" He looks under his seat and pulls out the pot of dirt to plant a little flower. "Oh! Dirt" I can tell he wasn't really excited. "I-I-I planted some organic seeds from my barn in there like an hour ago. I-I thought we could have something that grows with us."

"Sebastion!"

He liked it. He really liked it! It was enough for him!

Kourtney's POV

Howie walks into my office and drops his bag on the floor. "Okay, can we talk about volume?"

"Sorry."

"You know, it just crossed my mind that you never told me who you were cast as in your play."

"Um, it doesn't matter," he says, packing up. "Um, Howard. Don't do that with me. Come on, what'd you get?"

"Okay, if you want" he shrugs. "I got the Beast."

"Oh" I was not expecting that. Guess he's just that talented. "See, that's why I didn't wanna tell you. I didn't anything to get weird between us, I didn't wanna get involved in the competition..."

"Howie, nothing is gonna change. It would've changed if you had kept this from me. So I'm glad you showed me."

"I am too" he grins. "By the way, Seb and I worked on a little something for you. Check your phone."

Right on cue, my phone rings, and I hear a message from hey. "Hey Kourt, it's Sebbie! Since you said you feel more comfortable singing in front of Howie and your family, and I am playing your son, I thought I'd lay down a track for you to practice to. I played with the arrangements, hope you like it. You're the best, love you mom."

Music starts to play and I look back at Howie, taking off his jacket and holding out his hand. "May I have this song?"

I take his hand and begin to sing slowly as we dance. Soon, I start to get more confident and sing louder, and Howie just smiles at me.

Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly

Just a little change
Small, to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast

Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
And ever just as sure
As the sun will rise, oh woah

Ever just the same
And ever a surprise, yeah
Ever as before
And ever just as sure
As the sun will rise
Oh, oh, oh

Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bittersweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong

Certain as the sun
Certain as the sun
Rising in the east
Tale as old as time

Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast
Woah

Beauty and
Beauty and the Beast

Of course, I ended this chapter with Kourtney's amazing solo! I can't wait for her to KILL "Let It Go." Like, come on, why would they not make Kourtney Elsa. Speaking of season 3, I have a lot of new chapters coming next week. And Redlyn has to be the cutest ship, but that fact that Tim decided not to bring them in season 3, I swear...I am so tempted not to watch this season, but I digress, I will. Cause I need to know what happens for the "potential" Core Four 3. The next few chapters will be very, and I mean VERY important about EJ, we'll finally get the Brutal side I've been telling you guys about and a personal chapter of his parents, you'll just have to wait. Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.

And look at this, how are they supposed to put on a high-stakes production of Frozen in 8 episodes and TWO WEEKS?? This is about to be the most chaotic season YET!