108

Ricky's POV

"Don't you think it's weird that the Beast only has til he's 21 to find True Love?"

"Don't you think it's weird that EJ's powers only came out at 16?"

"That's different. 16 is an appropriate age for some people. First of all, in the movie, he looks at least 30."

"Well, you know what they say. Beast don't Crease. Plus, I hear the fur adds, like, 10 years."

"Literally feels like I've aged 10 years since I got this part."

"Yeah, but that day was the best. I'll never forget the look on Ashlyn's face when she got the lead. She looked so happy. And now she has powers, she's probably been over the roof."

"Yeah, well, she was. I don't think I've ever seen her that happy before."

"I just hope she feels happier at the end of the night" she grins, trying to sit up, grabbing another drink. No way, he's been doing way much tonight. I'm surprised he hasn't burst. "Dude, maybe you're pushing a little too hard with this side hustle project in the south hallway?"

"No, it's fine. I'm almost done. I just need constant electrolytes and a whole new stomach."

"I've been saying that for years."

"Members of the company, this is your 10-minute call for Act Two" Natalie's voice echoes.

Kourtney's POV

"Big Red? Has anyone seen Big Red?" I walk through the halls. Where is that red-haired buffoon? Buffoon, LeFou? Huh, can't believe it took me 15 years to connect those dots. I need him for the next scene, anyone has eyes on him?

"Hey."

"Howie! Hey!"

"I was just going to get some air."

"Air is okay. We allow air" I giggle. But he didn't laugh. Okay, guess it wasn't that funny, but bad jokes were allowed. "Um, did you see me performing up there?"

"I did, yes." Oh, um, I was hoping to get a "you were great" or some other sort of compliment. Howie would always tell me I'm amazing, the fact that he's not telling me anything is really making me nervous. And I have anxiety.

"Um, did you enjoy it?"

"Very much."

"Okay, well, enjoy your air."

"I will. Thanks."

"Okay" I walk off, trying to hold it off with a smile.

Nini's POV

I was thinking to myself of my gift to Jack. I don't know how he would react. Would he like me back? Or would he reject me? I guess I'll find out at Slices tonight. "Air. I need air" Kourtney walks in. I heard her voice trembling a little.

"What happened?"

"Howie was being super weird just now, and I'm dangerously close to doubting myself her, Neens."

"Hey, no, look at me. Number one: You're Kourtney."

"Fact."

"Number 2: we don't do it for them, okay? We do it for us."

"Also fact. Thank you."

"Hmm-hmm."

As Kourtney walks out, Ash rushes in, wearing her new green dress. "I need starting pitches for Something There." I start to play the piano keys for her. "Okay, I'm thinking of adding some riffs to the song. Like...I wonder why I didn't see it there befoooore."