23

Ricky's POV

EJ drives all of us to the gym. I turn to Walker and see his leg shaking. I grab his leg to try and calm him down. "It's gonna be okay" I whisper to him. He nods his head and I give him a smile to ease him.

"Alright, we're here," EJ says, parking the car in front. I open the door and grab Walker's shoulder to keep him calm. When we walk inside, we meet Helen. "Hey,  Helen."

"Hi, kids, and who's this?" She smiles at Walker, who smiles back nervously. I take his hand to try and calm him down. Seems to be working. "This is our friend, Walker."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Walker, and he here for...?"

"Yes, that," we say in unison. "Right over there" she points to the elevator. We walk there and EJ hits the lowest level. "Where's that go?" Walker asks, nervously fiddling with the bottom of his shirt.

"You'll see," I tell him

The elevator opens and we walk out, Walker's eyes move everywhere as he smiles brightly. I love seeing him like this, it makes me smile when I see him happy.

"Come with us," I tell him. We walk into the training room and find Dennis and Debby. "Hey, guys!" EJ says.

"I'm glad you guys are here," Dennis says. "We need to talk to you guys. About the ring EJ found."

"What about it?"

"It belonged to a crime syndicate and secret society of assassins called the Brotherhood of Fear. The leader was your parent's worst enemy. They've been secretly watching over the city for years, but no one has ever been able to catch them."

"So are they after me?" EJ says concerned. "We think so" Okay, why is everyone I care about being targeted by bad guys. At the hands of the Brotherhood of Fear.

"So why are they back now?" Gina asks.

"Cause there are heroes around. And before we find out what other kinds of powers you guys have...there's something we need to tell you" Dennis looks nervously at his wife. "Is everything okay?" EJ asks.

"There's something we need to show you," Debby says. She hands us a tablet and shows us the explosion that gave us our powers a year ago. I get it. Why do we need to see this, we lived it out.

"I don't see anything different" Gina shrugs.

"That was the footage on the internet, somehow the image was replaced. This is what really happens" she swipes the screen and we see something totally different.

It was after the explosion and after we get blown back from the explosion. But what's different, a lot of rubble and debris fall on top of them. I don't remember this part happening, but I was unconscious.

After a few minutes, a bright red glow shines through the rubble. It starts to float in the air then suddenly explodes and I see EJ. He's still unconscious, but his body was emitting a bright red glow, his powers surging. Soon it grows brighter and brighter until finally, he lets out an enormous wave of red energy, and because of that...the camera just shuts off.

Dennis zooms out and we see other cameras around the lab. EJ's energy spreads throughout the whole place and there are unconscious bodies everywhere, and they all glow different colors. On another camera, while EJ's body was still glowing red, mine was glowing gold, Nini's was glowing blue and Gina's was glowing purple.

"What was that?" Ashlyn asks.

"Umm kids" Dennis sighs. "Apparently, EJ was born with his powers, but they were very weak. But the energy from the explosion amplified his powers, so he unintentionally absorbed all of the energy and released it, exposing the energy to everyone in the gym, giving all of them more powers."