42

Kourtney's POV

Seb was on my back and I was trying to get cell service. How did I go from Mrs. Potts to a bodybuilder? I can only handle one of them, I only wanna BE one of them. "I'm not getting any bars."

"Try a different angle!"

"There's only so many a human arm can bend."

"Oh please, you have no idea how much my human spine is bending right now."

"Why are we doing this?"

"Because I left my flashcards at the Pizza shop, and I need someone to take a picture and send it to me. Kourtney doesn't fail test."

"But if it's your phone, why do I have to be the one up here?"

"Because you said you got struck by lightning that one time on your farm ao that makes you a better power conductor than me. Also, Nini isn't here so I can't have her zap my phone."

I'm not a cell phone tower."

"And I'm not a bodybuilder, but we're both doing our best!"

"Hi" I turn my head and see Mr. Mazzara. "I need everyone in the rehearsal room, pronto, it's the closest thing we have to a bomb shelter. Because it's a bomb shelter."

Well, this must be weird for him to see. "Oh, but we..."

"The less I know them better, where are the others?" He walks away and we both start laughing. Mr. Mazzara is...well, he's something

EJ's POV

Nini keeps looking at the comments on her phone. The thing about the comments is they keep telling her what kinda music she makes, what kinda music does she wanna make? I've been trying to get her open up cause honestly, I need something to distract me.

"I mean, I definitely should be grateful," Nini says. "I mean, so many kids would kill for this kinda thing. My moms are so proud, everyone is, you, Ricky..."

"Nini. We just want you to be happy."

Her eyes darted down for a few seconds before looking back. "EJ, have you...ever felt like you've wanted something so bad, but...you think you take it for granted?"

Great, we're back on me, but I should help her. "After my parents died...I felt like a freak my whole life. No one knew how I felt, not even Ashlyn or Ricky. I always felt different, it bothered me every day and I couldn't shake it, like I'm alone in the world. I thought my powers made me a freak, that I ruined everyone's lives and I wanted to feel normal, but my powers...they made me me. Their part of who I am. I thought I was taken it for granted, but it's my gift. Now I won't take it for granted again."

I hear our phones ding and Nini picks it up. "The guys are saying to regroup in the rehearsal room, come on."

"Actually, I think I'll hang back for a little." Nini looks back at me with a said face. "I'll be fine, really. I just...need some time."

"It's gonna be okay" she rubs my shoulder before walking away. I get up and look at a sign. "Where do you see a future?" I don't know where I see a future? Everyone is falling apart. The man after me killed my parents and now he wants to kill everyone I love. I just want something to go right.

"Caswell, you're not cavorting with the other show people" Mr. Mazzara walks up. Yeah, I already opened up to Nini, I don't feel like opening up to someone else. "Not really in a cavorting move."

"Something you wanna talk about?"

"No." I walk away, but he walks with me. "Do you know where the finest place in the world is to study robotics?"

"Stark Industries?" (I'm counting this as an "Iron Son" pun)

"Caltech. I applied 4 and a half times. Never made the cut."

"A half?"

"The point is, it was all I wanted, all my dad ever wanted for me too."

"Where are you going with this?" I take a seat. "Call me out if I'm wrong, but I think...daddy issues? Your future is coming up and you don't have your parents to help? And you're going through this rough patch trying to figure out who you're supposed to be. The counselor's office says your grades have been slipping, and sometimes you acted out a bit. EJ, you have always been a top student and are a top student from a successful family."

"Well, that successful family is dead now, aren't they?" And I might be next.

"EJ, you're a 3 season varsity athlete. You check all the boxes."

"I thought that was enough for me."

"A lot of people check a lot of boxes these days. I remember that assignment I gave you. Write an essay on who you wanna be when you grow up. Your essay was...strong, but it was a little surface, I'm not sure you knew what your story was then."

That was a year ago. I used to have it all figured out, but then I find out I ruined a lot of people's lives and I'm basically being targeted by a crime syndicate. "Apparently, I still don't."

"Well, son, you are welcome to hang in the AV Club whenever you want, telling stories is...all we do there. It's up to you though." He stands up and walks away. I guess I should figure out my story. "Hey, Mister M. Do you still think about Caltech?"

"Not as much anymore."

Nini's POV

I was thinking of what EJ said. These comments...they are telling me what to do. What do I want to do? Maybe EJ was right...I was so happy that everyone liked my songs, I forgot the reason I write this song...was for me. Maybe I was taking all of this for granted.

It's like this shaken up everything I hoped, now I'm left in the cold blizzard. I'm starting to second-guess this now, I feel like I've been taking all of this for granted. But I don't wanna leave empty-handed.

As I think more, blue lightning covers my body. It was like my powers were as off as my thoughts. I hover into the air and let the plasma blue energy surround me. My powers make me who I am. My music...makes me who I am.

Wow, it feels like everything's changing in me

Wow, it feels like everything's changing in me. Just have to find my way to my dreams, I can't try to be someone I'm not. I have to be

Me.

Granted has to be one of my favorite HSMTMTS songs and Olivia Rodrigo songs. I can't wait to see EJ in Season 3 and go through a true coming-of-age story. Ya know, since he's in more scenes in the trailer than Ricky, I'm counting EJ as the main male lead, AS HE SHOULD BE! Okay, I'm gonna stop with this story for a little while, but only so I can work on my season 3. I probably won't, but my hope is to finish that Season 3 before the actual season 3 comes out. And from the looks of it, my season 3 is WAYYYY different than the actual thing. Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are