♚1. LIBERATION

❝ We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated

We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.- Maya Angelou

J o r d y n T a m e

"The 20..."

MY FRIEND TALIA mumbled under her lips on our way back to the settlements; where all the humans were put to live.

In 2145, the supernatural obtained sovereignty over the world. Aggressively, they created a system. A system that was used to favor the immortal and discriminate against the mortal. The whole system mimicked the caste system. Werewolves were at the top.

I myself was completely against this system. Many people were but the Supernatural Union's propaganda and false facade caused many people to fall under their loyalty. Yet, the world we were living in didn't faze my friend any bit as I watched her ramble on about...the 20...

"I really want to marry an Alpha..." She admitted tucking her light red hair under her ear. The hint of her embarrassment reached the air around us as we walked down the rocky trails, leaving the city while approaching the settlements.

I rolled my eyes a little annoyed at Talia. She had been talking about that fantasy for weeks now and in my opinion there was nothing progressive about it. "Talia, trust me, all that propaganda the werewolves are selling about Alphas is just to lure human girls into thinking that being chosen is a good thing." I retorted.

Talia's embarrassed face changed into a frown. "You might think it's a waste of time but not me." Her pale skin illuminated in the sun making her skin even more perfect than it already was.

Her hair fell perfectly around her face. Her hazel eyes gave me that look they always did when she thought I was being a smart ass. "It's easier for you to bash the 20 because of your family's privilege. Well, what about the girls like me? The girls who don't have that luxury." Talia confronted.

"Privilege?" I questioned clearly caught off guard.

"Yes," She started off. "You know what you did, Jordyn. Maybe if you haven't had done it, I would be privileged too."

I felt my throat clot making me stay quiet. I pushed my brown hair to the side before becoming stiff as we got closer to the settlements. Now there were werewolf guards on the sides of the roads watching each human pedestrian that walked by.

"I'm sorry T," I said softly as we got closer to Talia's house. "If being one of the 20 girls is how you believe you can get your way out. Then by all means, I'll support you."