♚44. 101 (Part I)

"Your memory feels like home to me

"Your memory feels like home to me. So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds it's way back to you." —Ranata Suzuki

L e x i sB l a d e
(Hours before the arrival to the island...)

    I TRACED THE engravings on the wall before I clenched my hands and dropped them to the sides of me.

"She really meant what she said..." Lisa spoke from behind me. "You really were a great brother to her. I know you just feel very conflicted right now. With the news about the union being on the island and Jordyn's disappearance, it must really make it hard to truly mourn your sister's death."

"I don't even know how I feel..." I turned my head to face her. "Does that make me a bad person?"

Lisa shakes her head. "It's understandable. Alpha Lexis, you have a lot on your plate right now."

I shut my eyes before turning my head away. "My sister deserved so much better...so much. You know, she used to be such a care free and bubbly person. That was until my father made it his goal to change her. He molded her into this cold machine."

A long silence plays out before Lisa lets out a breath.

"What are those?" Lisa questions, walking over to the wall full of engravings.

"My sister and I used to come down to the basement as kids to hide from our dad whenever he ordered us to train. We used to pass the time by carving drawings into the walls and naming them." I answered looking admiringly at the illustrations in front of me.

"They're terrible..." Lisa joked and I chuckled.

"Yeah, me and my little sister weren't the best artists. Jordyn would be so ashamed if she saw these. She's such an incredible artist." I said in amusement before falling silent again.

    The thought of her caused my body to stiffen and I let out a breath. I had no idea where my mate could be at this very moment and that very thought circled around in my head.

"We'll find her." Lisa steps in. "Jordyn is so strong. She will be able to hold out until we find a way to get to the island. I know she will."

"Lisa," I spoke. "I don't think I have taken the time to properly thank you for being with my sister through out her last hours. I know that must have been hard for you as well. I see why Jordyn has kept you so close to her. You are a good person."

Lisa smiles before her eyes fall back to the carvings on the wall.

"On a second thought," she trails off. "The fact that they're terrible actually makes them quite beautiful..."

━━༻❁༺━━

"So this is what I'm thinking..." Mason speaks as he pulls up a map of the island on our monitor. "since the supernatural union is advancing the beach house in all directions we need to land in a place that could possibly hinder their strategy."