♚9. TATTOO

"People are like stained-glass windows

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."

- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross

J o r d y n T a m e

I STARE INTO the eyes of the cold Alpha. His hands were wrapped so tightly around me I could feel them shake. I drew lines across his inked skin wanting to feel him. He was still tense after freaking out about me stepping out onto the balcony. I could feel the cautiousness.

"Lexis?" I question softly.

   It was getting late and I doubted it was a good idea for us to sleep in the same room together.

   I couldn't help but whimper softly as his rough hand traveled down my waist. We were just standing in each other's embrace.

"Baby girl?" He questions as if encouraging me to go on.

I don't know why, but I completely pushed back the fact that it was getting late and asked a completely different question. "Why were you so scared a few moments ago?" I ask.

    I hear him suck in a breath before his grip on me tightened. Trying to read his body language I assumed he was going to give me an explanation but that assumption was wrong. Lexis as if repulsed, pushes me away from him.

   I look at him with shock not understanding why I had ticked him off. His blue eyes grew dark and his face contorted into a frown.

"Let go," He whispers out causing me to squint my eyes in confusion.

No.

     I was stuck. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to push him too far.

I took a deep breath. "Let go of what? I can't let go of something that has no explanation." I retort.

   Lexis' dark eyes travel to the floor and his silence begins. I huff in slight annoyance not knowing how to pull him out of his silence without tempting the beast.

"I'm going to bed," I mutter walking towards his door.

I knew I had to be patient but I had no idea patience would be this difficult.

    My hand brushes against the nob before I felt his rough hands touch my shoulder. I didn't turn around I didn't even attempt to look back at him.

"I'm ready to get to know you," He whispers in my ear sending shivers down my back. "But you're not ready to know me."