♚12. RETRIEVAL

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it

             "The most effective way to do it, is to do it." - Amelia Earhart.

                                  J o r d y n T a m e

                                                 Boom.

   MY FIST MADE contact with the punching bag causing a loud sound to wave through the room. I take a break heading over to the other side of the training room. My knuckles were red from the excessive contact and I was sweaty.

  "She is too weak. All she is doing is draining you."

Miranda's words hit me hard.

   I growled to myself which slowly faded into a whimper as my eyes began to burn. I knew that at times I was over emotional, dramatic, and sensitive but that did not make me weak. It made me human.

    I was going to push myself. I was going to train myself and learn how to defend myself against my enemies. That was the only way I was going to survive this side of the world.

"I think I'm in love with her."

    My heart ached as I recalled the famous words that escaped Lexis' lips. How could it be? We haven't even known each other for long. In fact, we barely knew each other. Yet for an odd reason, the pull to him was so aggressive.

Almost unnatural.

    His words confused me but I should bring to attention of the way he said it. He said think. In which meant he wasn't sure. He didn't know yet.

   Instinctively, I checked my phone for the time. I gasped when the time of 8:45 hit my eyes. I was late for school. I ran out of the training room, pumping my legs as fast as I could. I ran outside, the cold air immediately hitting my skin forming goosebumps.

   I looked down at myself, now remembering that I was still in my workout clothes which consisted of a tank top revealing my mid drift and spandex tights. To top this all off, I was sweaty.

   I cursed under my breath realizing that I had no time to go back and change. I was missing one of the most important exams of my life. I rushed towards the educational facility's building which was connected to the main building.

   I walked in catching the eyes of all the students. Each of them already had their test in front of them, but thanks to me, their focus was gone.

   Mrs. Gemini eyes me with wide eyes. I watch in embarrassment as they travel down my body looking at my attire. She shakes her head to herself before speaking.

"Jordyn? I don't know if you have noticed but we are in the middle of taking an exam."

I nod my head frantically with pleading eyes. "I'm so sorry. Time got the best of me. Mrs. Gemini, I promise this has never-"