♚29. SKIN

"If you try, you risk failure

        "If you try, you risk failure. If you don't, you ensure it." -Anonymous

J o r d y nT a m e

   HE PIERCED MY skin sending vigorous shocks of pain through my neck. I gasped; my mouth gaping in shock. Lexis' teeth had punctured the surface of my skin and while doing so penetrating my flesh. I was at loss of breath but was resuscitated when the sharp pain was substituted by pleasure. 

    His touch was everywhere. His fingertips teasing my whole body while waves of pleasure erupted through me.

   I moaned in bliss, my breathing now quickening. The pleasure of Lexis' bite was feeding me energy.

"O-Oh my god..." I breathe out due to the unbelievable sensation.

    I hiss when Lexis removed his teeth from my flesh. The elongated canines slowly shrink back to their normal size, and his dark eyes gradually return back to their blue pigment.

   Soreness lingered on the sensitive skin while my body tried to recover from the aggressiveness of my emotions.

I couldn't help but notice the pride in Lexis' eyes. He lowers his head to my ear, his icy breath forming bumps on my skin. "Your scent drives me insane, and your voice takes me away from everything else. I can feel you everywhere now." He breathes out.

"I love you," I whisper.

     The words I spoke have never felt truer. I felt different, I felt at peace. Lexis ignited a part of me that did indeed bring me solace. It made me love him more than I thought possible. Our love was already deep and sensitive...but it never felt more real.

    Lexis doesn't say anything but his eyes told me a lot. There was something he wanted to say...but he didn't. For some reason that didn't concern me; his eyes reassured me of everything I feared. 

His lips touch my skin kissing me on the most delicate parts of my collarbone.

"Are you scared about our future?" I asked him.

   I did not know what our future consisted of, but I knew how much danger the mark on my neck could cause.

     Lexis stops kissing my skin staying silent. His breathing could be heard. It was louder and much more aggressive than mine. I could hear it so much better now. Is this what Lexis meant? I can feel him everywhere now.

He finally speaks, his voice taking me away from my thoughts.

"It's inevitable."