♚21. BITE

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." -Lao Tzu

J o r d y n    T a m e

I RUSHED INTO the pack house with many thoughts and worries circling in my head. There were wolves who fell under a different Alpha's command at the borders. If I wasn't responsible enough, I could cause the pack to be in danger.

In the ballroom, people were still dancing to the music and drinking at the refreshments table. My eyes immediately found Councilwoman Tarah who was talking to the other elders. I walk towards her trying to stay calm but still keeping a mental timer in my head.

"Councilwoman Tarah," I said causing her to turn her head to me. I give her a look causing her to excuse herself from her previous conversation.

"What is it dear? And where's the Alpha?"

"T-They are possibly already near the borders to confront the foreign wolves." I tell her.

She squints her eyes in confusion. "Jordyn, you are not making any sense. What is going on?"

I look around the room making sure nobody was overhearing our discussion. "We're being attacked. They spotted some wolves from another pack at the border. Lexis and the warriors went to go confront them." I whisper trying to contain the emotion in me. "L-Lexis told me to get the pack under lock down but I don't know what I'm doing." I say running my hands through my hair in frustration.

"Oh god," She breathes out. "I'm going to get the elders to their rooms. Direct everyone to their designated rooms for lock down. The rooms are located at the back of the pack house. There is a switch on one of these walls. You must break the glass protecting it and pull it for lock down to begin. Do you understand me?" She orders.

"You're making me do this alone?" I question her in shock.

She nods her head. "A true Alpha female can work alone." She tells me before finding the other elders.

I watched the dancing pack members with worry. I had to get their attention. I didn't have much time.

"Everyone!" I holler causing all the members in the room to turn to me and the music to subside. "We are going under lock down!" I announce.

Worried voices and screams were heard around me. I had to direct them in an orderly fashion to their designated areas safely. My mouth twitched slightly due to me trying to contain my fear. I couldn't show them I was scared.

"Listen up!" I yell. "I need all of you to listen to me very carefully if we are going to succeed. I need everyone to the left of me to go to the rooms in the halls at the very back of the pack house."

I watched as the masses of people ran in the direction I told them to in fear for their lives. Among those people, were Brooke, Lisa, Able, and Samia following the other members to safety.