♚18. VEILED

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." | William W. Purkey

J o r d y nT a m e

INTENSITY IS PART of life. The feeling of adrenaline running through a person's veins as they are living a moment was special. The feeling whether it be sexual, rational, or mutual is intense. It's a beautiful feeling that shouldn't be taken for granted.

Sometimes the feeling is too intense.

Sometimes it feels almost unnatural and aggressive.

That was the feeling rushing through me as Lexis had me on his bathroom counter kissing me deeply and urgently. It was a feeling I have never felt before—which is crazy because it's just kissing. It didn't feel that way. It felt like we were going all the way. It felt too powerful.

Lexis pulls away from my lips before bringing his mouth to my ear. His icy breath gave me goosebumps. "I'm addicted, Jordyn." He breathes into my ear.

I look up into his eyes before giving him a grin. "I should get going." I tell him.

Lexis squints his eyes before taking my hand. "Where?" He questions.

I hop off the counter before meeting his eyes once again. "It was nice of you to let me spend the night yesterday but now I feel like I'm overstaying my welcome." I tell him honestly.

Lexis growls lowly and his eyes darkened before a sigh was released from his lips. He smiles at me before kissing my forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow then."

I give him one last look before turning the other way and heading out the bathroom. I begin to make my way to the door before my attention shifted to his dresser full of books. I look behind me to see no sign of Lexis which tempted me. Then again, I was always tempted to do risky things.

I took a deep breath before walking over to the table. I eye each of the books before noticing the one I knew had the photo of the girl inside. I grabbed the book before flipping through the page quickly trying to retrieve the photo inside. Lexis' hard footsteps startle me causing me to think fast. Knowing I didn't have time to search for it, I took the book with me.

I had to find out who this girl was. From the photo on the wall to the one in the book, she must have been important. Lexis said his mate had left him. Could she be his mate? I guess jealousy was the drive forcing me to do this but it wasn't like me to act like this. It wasn't like me to care so much about someone's past.

But I did.

I walk towards his door in a hurry before leaving unnoticed. The book was in my hand and my breathing was hard. The feeling of guilt overwhelmed by stomach as I flipped through the book and saw the photo edged between two pages.