♚34. HOWL

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."
— Rumi 

L e x i s B l a d e

THE SILK ROBE on Jordyn's body is pulled down from her back with her hands exposing the prominent mark on her neck. The mark was more visible than when I had first saw it, and I couldn't help but smile to myself. A symbolic representation of our love and strife was pigmented on my beautiful mate's skin.

"If only I could show it off, huh?" She says chuckling to herself. "If only we lived in a different world."

I study her closely before my eyes focused back to her mark. "We will, love. I promise you soon we will live in a world where our circumstances are different. I'll do my all to fight for that."

Jordyn's bright eyes frowned and she quickly shook her head. "Please, let's not talk about anything combat or fighting related. In a few hours you must go."

I nod; respecting her wishes, I walk over to her and pull her into my embrace. I kiss her forehead lightly before pushing a loose strand of her brown hair behind her ear. Jordyn eyes me innocently before a mischievous grin creeps up her pink lips. I watch as she slowly begins to pull down the sleeves of her robe.

An instinctive growl escapes my lips causing her to bite her lip in satisfaction.

"Sweetheart, you're making this difficult."

"Lexis..."

My name lingered on her lips before leaving them. It took all my might to constrain the beast inside of me; the part of me that was hungry for Jordyn's intimacy. The part of me that wanted to relinquish the discipline within and have her wallow in the pleasure and the feeling of me.

"Baby, I told you. I'm not the type of man who promises something today that I can't give tomorrow." I lean down to meet her ears. "If I ravish your body tonight, I want to be able to do it all over the next day."

Jordyn's now dark eyes look down to the floor. Her sad eyes now replaced her daring ones. "What I learned about life is that it can be taken as easy as it is given. Lexis I-" Her voiced cracked before she went silent and she shuts her eyes tightly.

"Jordyn..." I whisper holding her tighter in my arms. "You have this,"

I trace the mark on her neck with my pointer finger causing her to shiver at the sensation of my touch. She opens her eyes and gives me a look; a look that said everything.

"With this, I am with you. I am with you wherever I go. You'll be able to feel me as I will with you."

I wanted her to know that our love was endless no matter where I was because I was still fighting for her. Her gorgeous smile returned to her face indicating that she understood my words. She gives me a soft kiss on my lips before taking my large hand in her's.