♚46. UNION (Part I)

"Desire, burning desire, is basic to achieving anything beyond the ordinary

"Desire, burning desire, is basic to achieving anything beyond the ordinary." —Joseph B. Wirthlin

J o r d y n T a m e

    THE DOORS OF the aircraft opened steadily, and I squinted my eyes at the vermilion light that made its way through the space between the opening doors. Alpha Lexis stood proudly to the right of me as we both waited among the thousands of warriors around us for our march to battle.

    My eyes widen when I see the fortuneteller, Qadira escorted towards us by five guards. Her eyes watch me intensely before she looks to the floor. Where the hell was the book? I swallowed looking into the now open doorway of the machinery.

"I admit," Lexis trails off his eyes looking down upon me. "I'm surprised you got her to join us. I wonder how..."

I force a confident smile. "She trusts me..." was all I could say, yet I couldn't believe the words that just escaped my mouth.

     I looked around at the warriors whom were all dressed in leather uniform with blades and crossbows in their hands. They all were matching with Lexis, who was also in a leather uniform with gold trim. The pack's crest was worn prominently on the left side of his chest.

   I had a small belt tied around my waist which held knives and arrows in the pockets.

I shivered as my jeans and dark, thin, linen hoodie was not enough to shield me from the cold. Lexis notices calling a guard over and seconds later I was brought a baby blue cardigan to cover myself with.

   I watched fascinated as Lexis walks over to the center of the crowds of soldiers before he cleared his throat causing the whispers to diffuse into silence.

"Today is the day," He spoke clearly, his authoritative voice reaching all of our ears. "Our enemy resides on the center side of the east expecting my surrender. You all are not to be seen and are to wait in the center woods not meeting them any closer than that. When I give you my signal, you all attack."

The crowd hums in understanding.

   The rustling next to me causes me to turn my head only to see Qadira next to me freely. She acknowledges my attention with a raised brow before turning her piercing eyes over to Alpha Lexis.

"Whatever happens out there will be unpredictable. I have seen you all work and train so hard for this day. Yes, it has come early, but we are more than prepared. I want to see strife out there on that field. Be smart and wise with your attacks. Don't allow the enemy to figure out your weakness, for it will be all over for you before you are even given the chance to breathe your last breath. Tonight will not solely be a representation of our pack, but a representation of the future of the entire world. We will not let the enemy further dictate our future, and because of that we will fight until the end!" Lexis ends his speech and the crowd around him cheers proud and loud.