♚14. ANTICIPATION

The conversation between your fingers and someone else's skin

The conversation between your fingers and someone else's skin. This is the most important discussion you can ever have. ~ Iain Thomas

                                       J o r d y n T a m e

    MY REFLECTION CAPTURED my attention as I got out the shower. It's been two days since my diagnosis, and ever since then I have been paying way more attention to myself.

    My green eyes were brighter than yesterday and my brown locks were dripping wet. My whole body was wet. I watch as a drop of water from my face falls down to my neck.

    I gasp softly in awe as the buzzing of my phone took my attention. I walk out of the bathroom and head into my room. The name I saw on my notifications brought chills to my body. I never believed this person would ever contact me again...I was wrong.

I was wrong

   Talia.

  Images of our friendship flickered in my mind but I couldn't help but be angry. She lied on me. She lied because of something so petty...something so low. Now she wanted to talk—About what?

   I did the only thing I could do to show Talia I wasn't like others, to show Talia that at the end of the day I was loyal. I gave her the remittances I am earning from being here.

   My head pounded and I took deep breaths to relax my body. The nurse had told me I had to relax. I had to focus on letting my brain heal yet I couldn't. I was surrounded by chaos.

   I delete the text not even bothering to answer. The only way I was going to keep a clear mind is if I cleared the chaos. Talia was the chaos, she's been the chaos my whole life. I just didn't notice it until that evening where she had revealed who she really was.

    The door to my room was knocked on causing me to turn my head toward its direction. I paused waiting for the voice of the person on the outside.

"Jordyn? It's me. Nurse Revira. I'm the one who has been treating you at the facility." The voice spoke.

  I take a shaky breath before walking towards the door and opening it. The curly-haired nurse looked up at me with bright and concerned eyes. She eyed the white towel on my body before trying to get a glimpse of the inside of my room.