♚36. SIRENS

"I love those who yearn for the impossible

"I love those who yearn for the impossible." – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

J o r d y n T a m e

    I LOOKED OUT the windows of the beach house attentively. My eyes waiting and hoping for any indication of Lexis' return.

   I watched the waves of the waters crash and travel out. I took a deep breath before looking down at my hands.

   The beautiful necklace Lexis had given me that had belonged to his late mother was interlaced between my fingers.

A knock on the door captures my attention and I turn to the wooden door behind me. "Come in."

  The door opens revealing Danger. He looks at the necklace in my hand before he looks into my eyes sympathetically.

"He'll be okay." Danger reassures me. "He is okay. He's Lexis Blade. In all the years I've known that man he has never been subdued by any enemy."

I held my gaze on Danger before looking back out the window. "Are you saying that he is not subjected to death? Or are you telling me that he has never lost...yet?" I question him.

"My Alpha Female, I would never proclaim something I was not sure of to you." He retorts.

"D-Danger please..." I say walking closer to him. "Let me go to him. You have to find a way to get me off this island."

Danger narrows his eyes. "Jordyn, Alpha Lexis made me swear to protect you. It is not safe for you to go back to the pack. We have no idea what could be going down and the Union is after you. They will—"

"Okay." I submitted.

   I clutch the necklace in my hand before putting it on the wooden dresser near by. I walk past Danger and head for the door.

"Jordyn?" He calls for me. "Where are you going?"

"Out." I answer.

"It will be dark soon. This island is sacred but it is not invisible. The Union could have aircrafts spying on us. We need to stay inside the house as often as we can." Danger warns.

"Relax, I just need some fresh air." I tell him.

   I head downstairs before walking out the front doors. The warm breeze of the outside air tickles my skin. My toes meshed in the sand as I walked closer to the coast.

   The dark blue sky acted as a blanket over me. The active ocean suddenly becomes still. The breeze stops. It was as if time was standing still.