♚47. LEXIS

"You have me

"You have me. Until every last star in the galaxy dies. You have me." -Amie Kaufman

J o r d y n T a m e

    THE TENDER KISSES that traveled up my back and to the crook of my neck felt like no other. Alpha Lexis kisses my forehead softly before his strong arm wraps around my bare waist under the sheets.

    I let out a chuckle before raising my left hand and looking at the ring that resided on my finger. I eyed the sparkling object with pride before turning my body around to face Lexis.

"You know," I trail off. "I always thought that marriage was only a thing we humans indulge in."

Lexis flashes a gentle smile before shaking his head. "Marriage has been a tradition among immortals for centuries. I mean, in the werewolf community it's a celebration of the completion of the mate bond...it's one and the same."

I raised my brows intrigued. "Well then, I am honored."

A dark gleam could be seen in Lexis' eyes before he leaned in closer to kiss me. I placed a hand on his chest before I shook my head playfully. "I'm sore..." I told him.

Lexis smirks before licking his pink lips. "I was just going in for a kiss..." He retorts.

I narrow my eyes. 

"Just a kiss..." He reiterates.

I leaned forward kissing him slow and sensually. We broke our kiss after a few seconds and enjoyed the proximity of our bodies together.

Eventually, my mind began to travel and linger on other things. Though Lexis' presence made me feel safe and secure, I was deeply overwhelmed. The battle that had occurred not long ago was only the start of the finish. I had no idea what to expect these following days. I had to take each day one at a time.

"I don't get it..." I say breaking the silence. "Why do I feel as if nothing has changed? You and the warriors risked your lives...and now I'm questioning for what?"

Lexis furrowed his brows. "It wasn't for nothing; I can tell you that for sure. We made a statement out there. That's the first step to any change."

I snuggled myself further into his body and he tightens his hold around me. He rests his chin on my head while using his fingers to circle the sensitive skin my arms.

"Not having to hide who we are to each other feels amazing but I'm worried about the justice of others." I confided to him thinking of those at the settlements.

I could hear Lexis sigh before taking a breath. "There will be peace, baby. I promise."

We laid in silence some more before I felt a strange throbbing pain in my head. I hissed slightly causing Lexis to become alarmed. Was I getting sick? I remember back at the settlements whenever I endured a migraine, a fever would occur right after.