Chapter 3: Humanity

(Y/n) POV:

Just over a week after the Injustice League's attack the Team was training with Black Canary. We had several fights going on. Robin was locked in a fight with Artemis while Miss Martian and Aqualad dueled a small distance away. Black Canary was our 'den mother' for the week and was continuously drilling us with martial arts exercises. Nobody was allowed to use their powers so it put most of us on an equal playing field. I was about to square off against Superboy who can't exactly turn off or control his powers very well.

(Y/n): "Oh this is so not fair."

Black Canary: "You'll have to deal with it, in the field you'll fight stronger people all the time."

I let out a small laugh as I got into a fighting stance.

(Y/n): "I meant for him, he's outclassed."

Conner narrowed his gaze at me and I smiled in response. I broke our brief stare down by swiftly charging at him. As I got within a few feet I slid beside him and quickly swept him off his feet.

Conner groaned as he crashed into the floor and a big red circle lit up around him as he slowly sat up.

(Y/n): "Maybe next time."

Conner: "Next time? Right."

(Y/n): "Aw, don't be like that."

Conner walked to the side of the training field and stood silently as Black Canary approached. I can't really blame him, it must be hard focusing on the various fighting styles we were taught over the last week, while trying to restrain yourself from punching a hole through his opponent's head.

Black Canary: "Good work everyone, in fact it's been a very productive week."

Artemis: "Yeah, for everyone except Kid Malingerer."

Everyone laughed at Artemis' joke as Wally sat up in his reclining chair that he guilt tripped Captain Marvel into moving for him.

Wally: "Hey! Arm broken in combat against the Injustice League."

(Y/n): "I remember giving you a specific order not to do that."

My sarcastic remark earned a few more laughs from our group as Wally sat up.

Kid Flash: "Hey I don't take orders from you!"

Artemis: "You should. Your arm might be feeling a bit better if you did."

Wally: "That's no-"

Wally was cut off by the sound of a zeta tube activating. The team turned our attention to Zatara who emerged from the teleporter. I felt a smile form and quickly made my way over to see him.

(Y/n): "Hey Zatara how are you?"

Zatara: "I'm good (Y/n), how's the team?"

(Y/n): "We're doing alright."

Zatara typed something on the cave's computer that was connected to the zeta tube access. A figure emerged through the tube immediately after. She was around the same height as me, maybe slightly shorter. She wore a Christian school uniform that consisted of a dark blue jacket with a white shirt and blue skirt.

Zatara: "Zatanna, this is the team. Team, my daughter, Zatanna."

Zatanna has beautiful flowing black hair and her gorgeous blue eyes met mine instantly.

(Y/n): "Hey, I'm (Y/n) nice to meet you."

I immediately outstretched my hand and Zatanna awkwardly shook it. After a short moment of staring into eachothers eyes a small devilish smile formed on her face.