Chapter 48: One Quick Mission

(A/N): As promised I have the character bios for Season 3. Characters have simply aged up one year from the start of last season. Those of you that know the characters ages from the show may be a little confused but I have eliminated the massive time skips between seasons for this story. So this takes place roughly one year after the start of Season 2.

Thanks for reading.

Nightwing/Dick: 20

Tigress/Artemis: 20

Zatanna: 20

Vanguard/(Y/n): 20

Aquaman/Kaldur: 21

Oracle/Barbara: 20

Superboy/Conner: 20

Miss Martian/M'gann: 20

Rocket/Raquel: 20

*Outsiders/Team* (I am only listing characters that occur more than once in this story because there is a lot of people in season 3 and as much as I'd like to, I can't cover everyone.)

Beast Boy/Garfield "Gar": 17

Blue Beetle/Jamie: 17

Robin/Tim Drake: 17

Wonder Girl/Cassie: 17

Static/Virgil: 17

Kid Flash/Bart Allen: 17

————————————————————————

*1 Month Later*

3rd Person POV:

Rann, Deep Space

The massive armies of Apokolips arrived on Rann without warning. The massive warships of Apokolips arrived through boom tubes and quickly overwhelmed what little military defences the peaceful planet had. With no other options available, the government of Rann was forced to turn to the Justice League for help.

Since Zatanna's suspension the League had spent months countering Apokolips' expansion. They've gotten almost nowhere, as soon as they beat back one army, another one emerges halfway across the university and targets a different planet.

On Rann two massive warships are launching a final all out assault against Rann's military and the Justice League's expeditionary force. Leading the force is the co-chairman of the league, Wonder Woman. She's backed up by Superman, Ice, Black Lightning and a close friend of the League, Alanna.

The massive spaceships lower their ramps and release a massive onslaught of parademons. Once the parademons emptied out a lava creature, slightly larger than a human, jumped out. The transparent creature looked like it was entirely made of lava with a heart in the middle, pumping the creature's blood to the rest of its organs.

The creature jumped out of the spaceship and landed in the forest below. The massive impact of the creature landing sent a shockwave of lava in all directions, instantly melting some soldiers of Rann's military as they screamed out in a mix of pain and horror.

The creature saw Superman in the distance. The man of steel was lifting a massive tree and threw it at one of the space ships, crushing it instantly and sending it crashing to the ground in an incredible fireball.

The creature lunged at Superman but was to far away to reach him. The lava creature landed several feet in front of Ice and instantly tried to kill the newest member of the Justice League.

Ice managed to block the creature's initial attack by creating a massive wall of ice that the creature slowly started melting through.

Black Lightning: "Hang on Ice! I've got you covered!"