Chapter 54: Triptych

3rd Person POV:

Two weeks after the incident on Infinity Island, (Y/n) managed to convince Kelso to grant him some time off. The only condition was he had to be the Division's representative at the U.N for the security summit this week.

As much as he hated the thought of sitting through a meeting with Lex Luthor he assumed it wouldn't be that bad. The summit wasn't supposed to take long and would be over in a day.

"Just get through this day. Don't spill anything about our ongoing operations and don't commit to any new operations. How hard can that possibly be?"

That's exactly what was running through the agent's mind as he walked through the halls of the U.N building in New York.

(Y/n) straightened his tie and sighed as he placed his hand on the door handle leading into the Secretary General's office.

(Y/n): "This better be worth it."

(Y/n) opened the door and walked into the office, he was greeted by Lex Luthor who was patiently waiting for the agent.

Luthor: "Ah, agent (L/n), I must say you're here sooner than expected."

(Y/n): "Mr. Secretary, I apologize for being early but I like to get a jump on things."

Luthor: "Indeed, let's get started."

————————————————————————

Kelso and Ann walked into a DARPA labs facility on the East Coast. The facility was raided last night, the assailant was identified as the Red Hood by ISAC and Division agents swarmed the scene.

As Kelso and Ann walked through the facility they passed the large number of security guards slathered during the break in. Bodies and blood covered the white hallways, turning the sci-fi like facility into a scene from a horror film.

Ann: "What did he steal?"

Kelso: "High tech reactive and adaptive body armour. The only prototype DARPA was able to build. It cost them around $230 million dollars."

Ann: "For body armour?"

Kelso: "Look, I've seen the test footage of this armour getting shot. It's basically bulletproof, and the wearer barely feels a thing. It's completely shock absorbant."

Ann: "So the Red Hood is bulletproof now... great."

Kelso turned around and examined the carnage in the hallway. The situation was rapidly slipping out of her control and she hated it. She rubbed her head in frustration and let out a stress filled sigh.

Kelso: "This is terrible, and we don't have the manpower to cover it."

Ann: "Maybe get Vanguard to take point, or lobby the president for a full activation of the Division."

Kelso: "The suits in Washington don't care about this, they seem to already know about everything I try to brief them on... and (Y/n). He's busy training one of the Justice League's covert ops teams, but that may work to our advantage."

Ann: "What do you have in mind?"

Kelso: "A beach day."

Ann: "Care to explain?"

Kelso: "Just hold the fort here. Wait for the investigation to wrap up and then send me the findings."

Kelso turned and quickly exited the facility, hoping her plan could help them regain their footing and figure out what's happening in the shadows of the Division.

————————————————————————

Luthor: "And that ladies and gentlemen is why we must continue to implement our restrictions on the Justice League and these so-called heroes, who continue to break international law."