Chapter 76: The Underworld

(A/N): Hello there!

I just wanted to give a quick update and let you know where the books at.

The next chapter is one that people have been looking forward too for some time now. I've just started work on it so I don't know when it will be uploaded but hopefully sometime soon.

Thanks for all your continued support, it means the world to me.

-MattFromWii

————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

*The Underworld*

Circe snapped her fingers and smiled, (Y/n)'s gun disappeared in a puff of purple smoke, leaving the agent stunned. Undeterred, the agent lunged forward, taking out his knife and slashing at the goddess.

Circe simply laughed as each time the agent's blade connected with her body, she turned to smoke and reappeared a short distance away.

Circe: "Come now agent, is this any way to treat an old friend?"

(Y/n): "Get away from us!"

Zatanna: "What do you want?!"

Circe: "Well, to see if it was true. I haven't been able to sense anything since you banished me here, then all of the sudden I feel your familiar presence on the mystic plain. It was worth investigating."

(Y/n): "Nice to know we're still your favorite people, now leave."

The goddess smiled and stepped towards the lovers, causing Zatanna to step in front of (Y/n) and shield him.

Circe: "I could do that, or I could save your lives. Because you may think you're safe for the moment, but the truth is you've never been in more danger."

(Y/n): "We'll be careful. Now piss off."

Circe: "The Underworld is not something you can just "be careful" in. You need a guide, or you'll be suffering a fate worse than death within an hour."

The agent scoffed and narrowed his gaze at the goddess as she stepped closer.

(Y/n): "You must've gone insane if you think we're going to trust you enough to follow you around here."

Circe: "Oh I'm well aware that you have absolutely no trust in me, but you're going to have to deal with it if you want to live."

Zatanna: "Let's say for a moment, we believe you. Why do we need a guide?"

Circe: "The rats, demons, the undead... and that's just the beginning."

(Y/n): "Okay, fine, we're in over our heads. Why do you want to help us?"

Circe: "Because in four thousand years I'm going to be released from this hell, with good behavior it may even be three thousand."

Zatanna: "And you think helping us will convince the gods to reduce your time here?"

Circe: "No, the gods care little for mortals, even ones as important as you two. Helping you ensures I have a world to return to. What the men you're after seek to unleash... it is an evil that will destroy the world."

(Y/n): "You seem to know a surprising amount of what's going on for someone stuck down here."

Circe: "That's my little secret."

Zatanna: "No. You put all the cards on the table or we walk."

Circe: "Walk all you want honey, you'll be dead without me. Now we've wasted enough time as it is. Follow me and stay close."