Chapter 61: The Dark Zone

(A/N): Two chapters in under four days, your welcome.

In all seriousness I want to thank everyone for your support and ask you some questions.

As we all know the show hasn't been picked up for a 5th season. While this doesn't mean the show is canceled forever it does mean that any potential 5th season is not in production and will likely take a full year to produce should the show be picked up for another season.

So in terms of how that impacts this book is simple. I have a few options for how to end the story when the time comes. As I believe I've mentioned to a few people in the comments of past chapters or direct messages (I honestly can't remember which) I did have my own loose plan for what would be considered a "season 5". As in a large event/conflict/issue that will heavily involve the main cast and not just focus on (Y/n) and Zatanna.

1. Continue on past season 4 and make my own "season 5" (potentially writing a definitive end to the story or leaving it open ended for possible future chapters)

2. Stopping after season 4 and focusing on my second planned story (The Legend of Korra) until we get a more definitive answer on an official season 5 for the show.

Now theses aren't my only options, just the two that make the most sense to me personally. Both have pros and cons but I want to hear what you guys think. My biggest issue with the first option is that I'll write some chapters that obviously deal with what we see at the end of season 4 only to have the show get picked up for another season and I won't be able to incorporate the new season without a massive re-write which is something I really don't want to get into.

Then the problem with the second option is the fact that I'm in my second year of university and in a four year program, I don't have forever to wait for a definitive answer on a 5th season for the show. In my program my fourth year is supposedly extremely busy so that leaves me with one year to wrap this up as I don't like leaving projects unfinished.

I'm confident this book will have a satisfying ending, but I want your input to see what that ending should look like.

We've got a long way to go but we're closer to the end than the beginning.

Thanks for everything,

- MattFromWi

———————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

December 7th, 2:36 am

The Dark Zone, New York City

Navigating the pitch black streets in the Dark Zone was challenging enough. Doing it in the middle of the worst snowstorm New York has seen in decades while constantly being chased by Rikers and other hostile groups was damn near impossible.

(Y/n) eventually convinced Kelso to stop for the night, the agents breaking into an apartment building and eventually finding a room to break into.

Kelso was on the verge of having a nervous breakdown. She slumped down to the ground as Noble squad spread out through the apartment, taking any comfortable spots they could find.

(Y/n) sat down beside Kelso after brushing the snow off his large winter jacket. He grabbed Kelso's rifle and backpack, placing them on the other side of his body and out of her reach.

After letting out a chilly breath he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled Kelso close to him.

Kelso: "How could I let her get taken, kid?"

(Y/n): "There's no way you could've seen it coming. We will get Kandel back."

Kelso: "We've got to kill him... Crimson."