Chapter 46: End of the Beginning

3rd Person POV:

Sirens sounded in the middle of the night, waking up everyone at the Bialyan military base. The large base was used for research and development of new technologies intended to aid Queen Bee's forces in combat.

(Y/n)'s shattered ISAC watch and node were shipped to this base after his rescue and scientists have been attempting to gain access to the Division satellite network as well as replicate the technology for Bialyan forces.

Bialyan soldiers scrambled to man their defences as large sections of the base blew up. A squad of soldiers exited their barracks and moved to secure the vehicle depo, only to see it erupt in a massive explosion the second they laid eyes on it.

Suddenly suppressed gunfire rang out, cutting down the squad as they each revived several well placed shots to the neck and head.

As reinforcements arrived to replace their slain comrades they saw several Hunters emerge from the fire. The Bialyan reinforcements didn't live long enough to report on their attackers position or numbers.

The group of five Hunters cut through the facility, destroying every bit of long range communication equipment so any survivors couldn't call for help while they were hunted down like animals.

Eventually a group of scientists and soldiers were all that remained. They barricaded themselves inside the large R&D lab, hoping to hold out until reinforcements arrived.

The Hunters found them. The hangar door blew open and crashed down, creating a wall of dust that blinded the defenders for a brief moment and allowed the Hunters to throw smoke grenades into the large building.

Immediately after the smoke grenades detonated the Hunters charged in. Shooting the remaining soldiers before taking out their combat axes to deal with the unarmed scientists.

Screams filled the building as scientists were cut down left and right. They tried to flee the building but had nowhere to go. By the time the Hunters were finished, blood was all over the facility, scattered across the walls, floor, computers and furniture.

The Hunters then entered the main research lab and retrieved (Y/n)'s ISAC watch and node from the lab. The Hunters placed a large explosive charge in the center of the building after securing (Y/n)'s watch and node in a bag.

The second the Hunters exited the building they loaded up in a helicopter landing on the outskirts of the base. A minute later the large explosive detonated, completely wiping out the R&D building.

————————————————————————

(Y/n) POV:

I'm not even going to wait for my suspension to start before I go on vacation. The second the plane touched down, M'gann, Artemis, Zatanna and I boarded the bio-ship and flew to Gotham where we dropped Artemis off at her mothers apartment. A few minutes after that we were on the Watchtower.

Kelso handed me a new ISAC watch to replace the one I lost in the embassy siege. I wore my usual office suit with the notable exception of the tie. I couldn't be bothered to put it on.

Zatanna, M'gann and I arrived through the zeta tube and walked out into the observation deck. We were greeted by Beast Boy, who rushed to hug M'gann, Kaldur (Aquaman), Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Black Canary.

Kaldur: "It's good to see you safe, (Y/n)."

(Y/n): "Thanks, Kaldur. I appreciate it."

Batman: "We need to have a talk."

(Y/n): "About what?"

Batman: "Not you. Zatanna, into the conference room. Leaguers only."

(Y/n) heard Zatanna let out a shaky breath and he smiled at her in an attempt to reassure her that everything would be fine.