Chapter 81: Trapped in Time

(A/N): Hello there!

I'm sorry for the delay in getting this chapter published. I've been fairly busy but hope to get more writing done soon. Next chapter for this book will be another Christmas Special that I will post on Christmas Eve.

Hope you all have a great day and enjoy the chapter! (It's a long one)

Thanks again.

-MattFromWii

—————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

Zatanna groaned as she woke up, her head spinning as she leaned back in her chair. When her vision finally cleared, she found herself in the Javelin.

The spacecraft was flying through an unknown solar system while Cyborg and Wonder Woman worked on computer stations nearby.

Superman, Black Canary and the three Green Lanterns were spread throughout the ship, manning the controls as they prepared to boom tube back to earth.

Black Canary: "Zatanna, are you alright? You don't look too good."

The magician groaned as her head began to throb. After a short and painful moment, her headache suddenly subsided. She looked up at Black Canary with a confused look on her face.

Zatanna: "No, something's off. Something just doesn't feel right."

Wonder Woman: "You took a big hit back there. You were knocked out for a while. Once we get back to the Watchtower go get a full medical evaluation."

The cabin fell silent once again as Zatanna fixed her gaze on the vast void of space just outside of the Javelin.

Cyborg: "All systems are normal, and the mission was a complete success. Any word from the Guardians?"

Green Lantern: "Our last communication with Oa said the Reach were in full retreat all across the galaxy. We've broken their offensive. The corps should be able to handle everything from here."

The magician zoned out, ignoring the conversations happening around her and focusing on the strange feeling she had. Something was bugging her on the magical plain. She could feel its tug as if it wanted her to find out what was wrong.

She closed her eyes as the Javelin entered the boom tube and tried to concentrate on the strange feeling. Only to have her concentration shattered seconds later when alarms started blaring.

Wonder Woman: "What's happening?!"

Cyborg: "We're in some sort of asteroid field! I-I don't get it. We're right where we should be... the Watchtower should be right in front of us!"

After some careful maneuvering, Cyborg flew the Javelin out of the asteroids and to relative safety. Once they got a clear view of the Watchtower, they were gripped with fear.

The massive space station was split into four smaller chunks, floating aimlessly throughout the asteroid field and with no sign of life on the station whatsoever.

Green Arrow: "How could this happen?! We were only gone for two weeks!"

Superman: "We need to get in contact with the League, Cyborg, see if you can contact anyone."

Cyborg: "I've been trying since we got clear from the asteroids. Nobody is responding."

The heroes elected to head towards the Hall of Justice, hoping their former headquarters would have some answers. Unfortunately for them, they were left with more questions than anything.