Chapter 14: Calm Before the Storm

(Y/n) POV:

*Time Skip until December 29*

Morale within the team was relatively good, there is a rumour of us getting a new teammate tomorrow after the Justice League announces its newest members. Raquel Ervin, code name Rocket. I didn't know much about her but I'm sure she'll be a great addition to the team if she ends up joining us.

The Justice League just finished dealing with a flood in Rotterdam. News stations and social media reported it as being an accident that resulted in the small explosion of a generator destroying the base of the dam.

Publicly the government put on a show of calm solidarity and offered aid to the Netherlands. Behind the scenes it was pure panic. We knew Keener was responsible and a former American agent of a top secret organization attacking the civilian infrastructure of a foreign nation doesn't look good.

I spent the vast majority of the following days at headquarters helping in the investigation and trying to locate Keener. Kelso was promoted to acting commander with Maxwell being charged with treason and awaiting trial. I haven't spoken or seen him since before I found out he was a traitor, I'm not sure I want to speak with him.

We still don't know what Keener stole from the network. But we have narrowed it down to a few files. Tracing the computer program he used is proving to be incredibly difficult.

I entered the kitchen a few minutes before dinner was ready and sat on the couch next to Zatanna.

(Y/n): "Hey Zee. How are you liking the gift?"

Zatanna: "I absolutely love it."

Zatanna pulled out the silver pocket watch I gave her for Christmas. It was stylish enough to ho with her magician outfit and she kept it in the inside pocket of her jacket. While it appeared a normal watch, Zee could turn the glass face clockwise and it would activate a distress beacon as well as her own ISAC to aid her in whatever situation she was in.

While Zee was not technically allowed to have her own ISAC watch, I just requested this one and said it was for more 'formal occasions', Kelso saw right through my excuse but didn't say anything. To be honest I think she approved of it but I never brought up the topic when I was with her.

Zatanna rested her head on my shoulder and I relaxed just enjoying the moment. Though it wouldn't last long. Batman entered the kitchen and looked directly at me.

Batman: "With me, now."

I stood up and followed Batman to the main area of the cave. I haven't told the Justice League about the Division tracking Keener or his involvement in the destruction of the dam. I have a feeling Batman now knows both and is wondering why I didn't tell him. My suspicions were confirmed when he activated the cave's holographic projector displaying the news coverage of the crisis in Rotterdam.

Batman: "Care to fill me in."

(Y/n): "I suspect you already know everything."

Batman: "Why didn't you tell us you were tracking Keener."

(Y/n): "I didn't know. They looped me in after the dam blew up."

Batman stood in silence looking at the news feed. The Justice League could be seen helping rescue civilians and stopping the water from spreading.

Batman: "Why would he steal information from the SHD and then bomb a dam."

(Y/n): "I don't know. But he knew we were following him. He baited the team tracking him into an ambush at the base of the dam and attempted to drown them when he blew it up."