Chapter 63: Everything will Burn

(A/N): Hello there!

I just wanted to thank everyone for your continued support. This is the final chapter in the "New York arc" and after this it's a quick jump into the final chapters of season 3.

I know we haven't seen much of the Outsiders and for those of you hoping to see them along with some of the younger heroes introduced in season 2, hang in there. They will be appearing in the final chapters of the season with our main team from season 1.

I promise the final chapters of season 3 will be well worth the wait. I've been looking forward to the finale of season 3 for some time and I promise you'll enjoy it when I finally get around to posting it.

Please enjoy and thanks again.

- MattFromWii

———————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

Natalya laughed as she turned off the video feed of Zatanna sobbing and screaming. She moved around the bar and faced the captive heroes with a sinister smile, taking out Zatanna's engagement ring, lightly tossing it up and catching it, displaying it like a trophy.

Everyone but Tigress was completely caught off guard by the engagement ring. They had no idea that (Y/n) had proposed to Zatanna before the crisis in New York began.

The heroes quickly composed themselves as anger washed over them. Their hands were bound behind their backs and each had an inhibitor collar on. Four Hunters remained in the room, two positioned behind the heroes and the other two each guarding the only exits from the penthouse.

Tigress: "You're a fucking monster!"

Nightwing: "You'll never get away with this!"

Natalya: "Oh please, I don't get why you're all upset. (Y/n) had a good run, he was essentially given a second chance at life. Not to mention he and Kelso put on a very impressive display when climbing this tower. Together they've killed 47 Hunters, which is far more than any other agent."

Aquaman: "You've got what you want, so what comes next?"

Natalya: "Now we wait and see what the Clairvoyant wants. Some of you will come as our hostages, others will be used as an example. We're going to show the world what happens when you attempt to interfere."

Mary was still on her knees by the bar. She waited until she was certain nobody was looking at her before she began working on the rope binding her hands behind her back. Her heart was pounding as she felt the bonds loosen. Not enough to get her hands out yet, but enough to encourage her to keep going.

Natalya: "Once Crimson returns we'll decide who lives and who dies."

———————————————————————————

"I thought you were tough."

(Y/n) gasped as he shot up, taking in his surroundings the best he could. His head was throbbing and he was blinded by a bright light in the sky.

(Y/n): "Hello? Who's there?"

"Seriously, you've forgotten me already? I know we didn't spend long together but with the amount of sleep you lost after I died, I thought I'd be more memorable."

The agent's vision slowly cleared and he found himself in a warm field full of poppy flowers and grass. He was wearing a light grey t-shirt and pants, his watch was the first thing that he reached for and he started to panic when he felt it's absence.

"It's good to see you again, I was hoping we'd get to talk at least once before... before your time is up."

The young agent spun around and found himself face to face with Ellie Taylor. The blonde marine wore a similar outfit to his own, only smaller to fit her body. Her blonde shoulder length hair gently flowed in the wind and she crossed her arms, her sea green eyes glaring at the agent with an unimpressed look plastered across her freckled face.