Chapter 64: Early Warning

(A/N): I'm back!

I just wanted to give a quick update before we get into the chapter. In what little free time I have I am working on the season 3 finale. Some events have been changed from the show so don't expect things to play out the exact same way.

This chapter is the last one before the start of the final season 3 arc. Stick with me and I'll try to have it up some time next week. (I'm really looking forward to it)

Thanks again and I appreciate every bit of feedback.

———————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

"You will never be able to keep her safe."

"My legacy is a string of death and torture."

"Your friends will burn in an inescapable hell!"

"You'll all fall before the master!"

Fire burned everywhere as (Y/n) scrambled to find an exit. He stumbled over body after body of his fellow agents. He couldn't bring himself to look at their faces.

Hoopster: "I always knew you were too weak to save us. Where were you when we needed you?"

Garzia: "You're a pathetic excuse for an agent."

Sutton: "We never should've trusted you."

(Y/n) spun around to see the faces of his dead teammates. Before he could force himself to speak a bright flame consumed their bodies and left him alone.

"Wow, you really think you're a professional? If you had been, maybe I would still be alive. Maybe I could hold Artemis and grow old with my friends and family. You aren't a hero, you're a loose cannon and a cold blooded killer. If you're not careful, you'll get Zatanna killed."

(Y/n) spun around and froze with fear. He was face to face with Wally. The speedster looked slightly older than (Y/n) remembered and looked mentally exhausted.

(Y/n): "Wally... I'm so sorry. I-I tried to save you..."

Wally: "But you didn't! You let me die just like your team died. The next team you get close to is going to suffer the same fate! You're not a hero, you're a plague! YOU'LL GET EVERYONE KILLED!"

Wally lunged forwards and grabbed (Y/n)'s neck, tackling the agent to the ground and pinning him down. Everything went black as the agent fought for each breath he drew in.

————————————————————————

(Y/n) screamed as he shot up in his hospital bed. He was drenched in sweat and could feel his heart pounding against his chest.

The agent surveyed the empty room and sighed as he heard footsteps rushing towards the door. Kandel crashed through the door followed closely by Traci and Titan.

Kandel: "(Y/n)!"

Traci: "Are you alright?!"

Titan rushed forward and stopped at the side of the agent's bed. The German Shepherd jumped up so his front two paws were on the edge of the bed and he started licking the agent's face.

(Y/n): "It's good to see you, buddy."

Titan continued wagging his tail as Traci made sure the room was empty.

Kandel: "(Y/n), are you alright?"

(Y/n): "Yeah... yeah I'm fine, just another nightmare. Where's Zee?"

Kandel: "She's out for dinner with Artemis and M'gann.

The agent groaned and leaned back into his bed, he hated staying in the hospital. Kandel had forced him to remain under her watch as she knew he'd disobey her orders the first chance he got.