Chapter 39: Preparation for the Summit

(Y/n) POV:

The following week went by in a blink of an eye. We went out drinking almost every night and got to spend time with each other, something we haven't done for a while now.

Zatanna and I arrived back at our apartment late last night and slept until noon. I woke up to see Zatanna sleeping on my chest and smiled as I rested my head back down.

A few moments later I felt Zatanna's lips press against my cheek. She then shifted and moved up my body, her hands cupping my cheeks and deepening the kiss. A short moment later I brought my hands up and under her baggy t-shirt.

Zatanna moaned into my mouth as I explored her bare back and eventually pulled her down into me. I felt Zatanna shiver as I clamped one hand down on the back of her neck and the other just above her waist. I spun Zatanna around and a shocked moan escaped her lips but was muffled by mine. Her legs wrapped around mine instinctively and she pulled me close to her.

I broke the kiss and stared lovingly down into Zatanna's eyes. She smiled up at me before biting her bottom lip.

Zatanna: "You know... we don't have anything to do today. We could spend the entire day having some fun."

(Y/n): "Some? Please. I know exactly what you want. You want to be doing this all day."

Zatanna: "What can I say, I love you and I want to show you how much I love you."

(Y/n): "I love you, Zee, my magical girl."

I gently pressed my lips against Zatanna's yet again and we began making out with moans slipping out as we tossed and turned in our bed.

————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

Artemis and Wally woke up around the same time as Zatanna and (Y/n), the archer and speedster spent the remaining hours of the day "enjoying eachothers company" just like (Y/n) and Zatanna.

Artemis snuggled into Wally's side and gently kissed his neck. Wally pulled Artemis back on top of him and the two began making out again.

At the house across the street, Deathstroke was perched on the roof. The assassin was checking his weapons and preparing to kill Artemis. The Light collectively agreed that some form of revenge was warranted after the revelation of the undercover mission.

A few minutes later Deathstroke was ready. The Light's enforcer narrowed his gaze through his rifle optic and focused on Artemis, now sitting beside Wally on the couch as the two shared a homemade pizza.

As Deathstroke was about to pull the trigger he heard a gun load directly behind him.

Kelso: "Drop the gun or I'll blow your fucking brains out. You petty tyrants have tormented these kids enough."

Deathstroke: "These kids have disrupted every aspect of our plans."

Kelso: "I don't fucking care."

Deathstroke dropped a small pellet that exploded in a bright flash, allowing him to slip off the roof before Kelso could shoot him.

Before Kelso could get her bearings, Deathstroke attacked. He knocked her pistol out of her hand and proceeded to slash at her with his sword.

Kelso dodged and managed to pull out her ballistic shield to block the attack. Deathstroke slashed down at Kelso's shield and his sword got stuck a few inches from her arm.

Before Deathstroke could pull his sword out and attack again he revived a shotgun blast to the side of his body. His high tech armour absorbed the blast but the force sent the assassin crashing down to the front lawn of the house.