Chapter 73: It Belongs in a Museum

(A/N): Hello there!

Thanks for your patience and continued support, I apologize for the delay in getting this chapter up but I've been extremely busy in recent weeks.

This chapter marks the beginning of the couple I have planned to take place between seasons 3 and 4. And yes the long awaited wedding will be coming soon, but it's not something I want to rush so I'm taking my time with that chapter.

I'll answer any questions you may have about upcoming chapters the best I can without spoiling anything.

Thanks again, you guys are amazing.

- MattFromWii

—————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

February 11th

Sirens blared as red and blue flashing lights chased away the darkness. A swarm of police cars converged on the Italian National Museum in Rome.

Within minutes dozens of police officers swarmed the museum, rushing in with their weapons drawn.

As they moved through the exhibits they found them to be entirely intact and nothing out of place.

As they searched the building they eventually came across a small exhibit tucked in the corner of the building, far away from the expensive historical relics and valuable items.

The exhibit contained what were believed to be magical and religious items from the Dark Age.

Glass was shattered all across the small exhibit, every item was taken and nothing else was touched.

The police quickly secured the room as the investigators arrived. The team of detectives were completely dumbfounded. Whoever broke into the museum had expertly disabled the cameras without being seen and bypassed all but one of the alarms.

The final alarm only being tripped when the most expensive item missing, a small totem, carved out of stone by gothic tribes that lived in the alps, was removed from its stand without the proper security code being entered.

Despite the incredibly rare nature of the totem, it was far less valuable than many other items in the museum.

Detective: "I don't get it, they go through all the trouble to break in, and don't even take the expensive stuff."

Police Officer: "It's a museum, isn't it all expensive?"

Detective: "Well, yes. But why not raid the jewelry of the old royal family? It's a few rooms over and worth far more than anything else in the building. They could've robbed any small local museum in the country and made out with far more in terms of value. Why pick this place? It's one of the most secure museums in the country."

Police Officer: "Well, like you said, there was easier stuff to take that's worth a whole lot more, so it can't be about the money. Maybe they were looking for something specific?"

Detective: "Maybe.... But why would they want anything from here?"

———————————————————————

The seatbelt light in the plane turned on with a ding. The former agent groaned as he woke up and tried to stretch his legs out the best he could. Most of the other passengers were doing the same as the flight attendants prepared for landing.

(Y/n) smiled as he looked over to his right, Zatanna was still sound asleep, leaning on his shoulder with a small amount of sunlight casting a warm glow over the magician's body.