Chapter 7: Misplaced

(Y/n) POV:

The week following Halloween went by fast. Zatanna left to train and spend time with her dad so I haven't seen her since she helped me back to my room Halloween night, which wasn't ideal. I imagine she also has to finish highschool, something that hadn't even crossed my mind until recently when I started worrying if she'd meet someone at her school, some she may like more than me. I never got the chance to experience highschool, when I was in class at Langley I was the only student, if you can call it that, in the advanced youth program.

I love spending time with Zatanna and I can't get the kiss off my mind. Zatanna's so beautiful, she is supposed to come back later today and I need to find a place to take her on our date before then.

I was sitting in the living room that connected to the kitchen. The entire area was open concept so I could talk with whoever was in the kitchen. M'gann and Connor were in the kitchen at the moment making breakfast for the entire team with the exception of Robin, Aqualad and of course Zatanna, who are all absent this morning.

Wally entered the room and began making his way to the kitchen.

M'gann: "It's not ready yet, have a seat with (Y/n) I'll let you know when we are done."

Wally: "Alright babe, you take your time."

Does he not know M'gann and Connor are dating? Whatever, I'm not telling him. I find it funny that he hasn't clued in. Wally made his way to the couch and sat beside me.

Wally: "And what are you doing?"

(Y/n): "Working."

Wally took a moment to study my screen on my computer. I hadn't bothered to change the tab when he walked over and he saw what I was really doing.

Wally: "Really... because it looks like you're making a reservation for the Four Seasons George V. That's a very nice and expensive hotel and restaurant in Paris... you planning on taking our favourite magician on a date?"

I closed the tab and shut the laptop. Yes I am planning on taking Zatanna to Paris but he doesn't need to know that. Turns out M'gann was listening to us, I feel like Wally had the intention of saying it loud enough for them to hear.

M'gann: "Oh my god! Are you? That would be so sweet!"

Artemis was walking into the kitchen as M'gann expressed her excitement for my potential date with Zatanna.

(Y/n): "Hey I never said any-"

M'gann: "Artemis guess what (Y/n)'s doing!"

(Y/n): "HEY!"

Artemis: "Wait what?"

An awkward silence took over the room as everyone waited for me to say something. Thankfully Connor bailed me out.

Conner: "Breakfast is ready."

We sat down to eat and nobody said a word. I didn't look at anyone, just kept my eyes on the eggs and bacon M'gann and Connor made for us. I could feel everyone looking at me. The constant pressure of their gaze was getting to be too much to bear.

I snapped, I couldn't take the awkward silence. I mean everyone probably had suspicions about Zatanna and I so I might as well confirm it.

(Y/n): "Alright fine! I'm planning on taking Zatanna out on a date..."

Artemis: "Good for you, and I know."

(Y/n): "You know?"

Artemis: "Yeah, you should have seen the way she was worried about you during the entire fight with Harm. You could see it in her eyes. She really cares for you... and I'm the one who told her to kiss you already."