Chapter 62: The Penthouse

(A/N): And I'm back! Thank you all for your patience and continued support. I've decided to go with option #1 in terms of finishing this book and am currently making loose plans for a "season 5".

Any suggestions for what should be included are more than welcome. I can't promise I'll be able to do everything or if I'll even incorporate someone's suggestion at all, I have to wait and see how things play out in my life (school, work in the summer, etc), but I'm interested in hearing what you guys think should be included.

Thanks again

-MattFromWii

———————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

*Premiere Building, Hollywood*

*Outsider's Penthouse Headquarters*

After extensively searching Brooklyn and the surrounding area, the Outsiders gave up their search and reluctantly returned home. Beast Boy and Aquaman informed the rest of the League that Zatanna and Mary were missing. They immediately searched the mansion which was acting as a safe house for everyone close to (Y/n) and Zatanna.

Nightwing and Tigress found Traci alone with Titan. The young girl had no idea where Ortega and Coswald disappeared too, but informed the heroes they left without telling her.

Fearing that the location of the remote mansion was compromised, Nightwing brought Traci and Titan back to the Premier Building.

Once the group got Traci settled in, they started comparing notes to see if they could figure out where Zatanna and Mary went. Black Canary joined Nightwing, Tigress, Superboy, Miss Martian and Aquaman in the tower along with all the Outsiders.

Beast Boy: "I don't get it, how can they just vanish without a trace?"

Tigress: "Is it possible that they went to the Tower of Fate, or some other magical place?"

Aquaman: "Dr. Fate is away from the Tower of Fate but he did confirm that Zatanna and Mary are not inside nor in any hidden magical realm where he can sense."

Nightwing: "Alright, with any magical hiding place eliminated, that doesn't leave a whole lot of explanations for their disappearance and none of them are good."

Beast Boy: "Wait, are you suggesting that they were kidnapped?"

Miss Martian: "How many people have the ability to kidnap the most powerful magic user and not leave any evidence?"

The room fell silent as the founding members of the team exchanged a worried glance.

Tigress: "We're all thinking it, the only people with the ability to capture someone like Zatanna without alerting anyone would be the Hunters."

Superboy: "But how did they know she'd be in Brooklyn? As far as I know she's never been there before, it wasn't a place she or Mary frequented. I doubt the Hunter was just sitting in the city waiting for something to happen, they must have a way to track her."

Nightwing: "Her pocket watch. (Y/n) made it with SHD tech so she could call for help and have access to ISAC if she was ever in trouble. The Hunters must've found a way to track it."

Black Canary: "If the Hunter's are responsible for Zatanna and Mary's disappearance, where would they have taken them?"

Nightwing: "(Y/n) confirmed that the Hunters are working for the Clairvoyant. So let's go see if the CIA has anything new on him. Hopefully they have a lead we can follow up on."

Superboy: "Are we going to break into Langley again?"

Nightwing: "No, I've got a much better idea."

————————————————————————