Chapter 12

Before short break came to an end, Timi entered SSS3 science class, spotting Jason on his usual seat. Timi made his way over to him, asking if he went for training. 

"No!" Jason responded. "Where were you? I thought you went"

"No! before break, I was with Moyo looking for Zuriel, then I went for ICT, third period. Now I don't know where two of them are... Did you see either of them when you were in class during ICT" Timi asked.

"Zuriel came in once I think... I'm not really sure" Jason thought for a moment before responding.

Zuriel walked in to the classroom announcing to her classmates that she was selling sweets.

Timi looked back in surprise. He was relieved to see her. "did you give Tope sweets to sell for you?" He asked.

"Yes!" Zuriel exclaimed, a hint of irritation in her voice. "What happened?" Zuriel thought someone had stolen the sweets from Tope.

Timi assured her that there was nothing to worry about and apologized for any confusion. Timi asked if she had seen Moyo. Zuriel was surprised by Timi's question. She wondered why he would be asking her, as she didn't even talk to Moyo. She shook her head, indicating that she hadn't seen her.

Timi, with a worried look on his face told Zuriel that Moyo knew that Tope was selling sweets for her and that she was not too happy about it. He urged Zuriel to hide from Moyo, fearing that she might do something to harm her.

Zuriel didn't seem phased by anything. She had always hated Moyo and had been looking for an excuse to smack the hell out of her. She told Timi that she was ready for anything and that she wasn't afraid of Moyo.

Timi was taken aback by Zuriel's reaction. He tried to reason with her, telling her that violence was not the answer and that they should try to find a peaceful solution. But Zuriel was determined, she has been waiting for this moment and she wasn't going to back down now.

Timi realized that there was nothing he could do to change Zuriel's mind. He was worried about what might happen when Moyo and Zuriel inevitably crossed paths.

Suddenly, Moyo stormed in. Her face was contorted with anger and she was screaming, "I told you to leave my sister alone!" The students in the class quickly gathered around, sensing that something was about to happen.

Moyo's eyes locked onto Zuriel, who was staring at her with a blank expression on her face. "...And she's looking at me" Moyo sneered, gesturing towards Zuriel.

Zuriel started to walk away. But Moyo wasn't about to let her escape that easily. She reached out and grabbed Zuriel by the hair, yanking her back. "Don't walk away when I'm talking to you".

Zuriel returned the favor with a slap to Moyo's face. The room erupted in chaos, as the other students started to shout and jeer.

Jason and Timi, seeing that things had become physical, decided to intervene. They stepped between the two girls, trying to defuse the situation.

Moyo was in a fierce struggle with Timi, who had a tight grip on her. Moyo tried punching and kicking her way out of it, but Timi's hold was too strong. The other students in the classroom watched the altercation with a mix of shock and concern.

Zuriel, who was escorted by Jason, walked out of the classroom seemingly unbothered by the commotion.

The news spread fast like wildfire, causing a stir among the students. The second Malik got to know, he went looking for Tope in class.

A few minutes prior to any teacher showing up in the SSS2 Science class, Olamide was busy making empty threats towards Chika, at this point Chika was extremely annoyed but held himself back, he didn't want to start a fight he couldn't finish.

"You this fag! I'm warning you now, you're hissing... OK.. Don't worry" Olamide threatened Chika.

"Olamide I don't know what your problem is with this boy, I'm starting to think you're the fag, with the way you've been disturbing this boy" Malik witnessing this, was outraged by Olamide's behavior.

Olamide clapped back immediately. Chika, feeling tired and like everything was his fault, decided to leave the scene. Malik, concerned for Chika's well-being, followed him out.

Malik and Chika walk down the stairs "I swear I'd beat that fool one day" Malik expresses his frustration.

"Please you guys should stop fighting because of me, you're friends!!" Chika pleaded with Malik.

Malik didn't respond to Chika's plea. Instead, he changed the subject and mentioned the recent altercation between Zuriel and Moyo. He stated that he was currently looking for Tope.

Chika spotted Tope not to far away downstairs, he called her name but she just kept going so he assumed the news had already reached her.

Tope knew exactly where to go to find Zuriel at the time, it was the school's main hall.

When she got there she saw Stephanie teaching the junior girls dancing while Zuriel was behind seated thinking to herself.

Tope met Zuriel, Zuriel didn't say a word, she just reached for the bag and Tope gave it to her. She started bringing out all the money from her pocket to give Zuriel.

Zuriel calculated everything and saw Tope had done a great job but someone else has to help her out.

Zuriel apologizes to Stephanie for stopping the dance to ask who wants to help her sell sweets.

None of the girls answered, She just left them, Beamer walked into the hall asking Stephanie for her answer.

"I said I'd think about it" Stephanie said.

"That was hours ago" Beamer replied.

"Well I'm still thinking"

The junior girls behind start to make funny noises, Beamer gave them a scorn look, they all become quiet.

An hour later in front of SSS3 block Lekan stood calling out to Chika who was headed in a different direction, Chika for no reason became excited even though he clearly knew school wasn't over so they couldn't do anything.

"What are you having last period?" Lekan asked when Chika got there.

"English, but I don't know if Mr Jeffrey would come" Chika added so he can stab class to meet up with him.

Chika was acting flirtatiously while Lekan was just staring at him, Chika got the signal and stopped cause he could feel eyes on him from the top floor, SSS3 block.

"When you're free come and meet me, I need your help out in the store room. Get there fast I don't want to be waiting" Lekan said, Chika just nodded trying not to seem happy about it. "And Zuriel is calling you, go and meet her upstairs. Before teachers would start coming."

"OK" Chika left.