Chapter 48

Stephanie and Beamer trekked to the nearest food joint in the area, the cook was pretty familiar with their school's uniform so she was surprised to see them outside at the time.

She was one of the few people who asked why they weren't in school, she wasn't pleased to hear they skipped school because of a bag, but there was really nothing she could do about it.

"Please do you have jollof rice?" Beamer deflected by ordering.

"No not yet, come back in an hour time" She said.

Beamer couldn't wait that long, he had to at least have a snack, he started regretting not eating in the morning.

"Let's look for where we can buy biscuit or something" Beamer pointed across the road, Stephanie instinctively crossed the road in a hasty manner, Beamer ran behind her.

"Why did you run?" Beamer uttered while laughing.

"I don't know" Stephanie laughed along both ignoring a taxi driver shouting at them for running on the road. Some bystanders just stared at them oddly.

Beamer took Stephanie to a supermarket along the road, the cashier immediately asked why they weren't in school when they got in, Stephanie started narrating everything but was cut short and told to go.

Stephanie started picking out everything she could get her hands on in the supermarket just to screw with Beamer, he begged her to return them before anything happened.

They were laughing the entire time they were there, Beamer stopped laughing when he noticed Stephanie stopped, she grabbed his hand and took him to some kind of hidden corner.

"I think I just saw Jason's daddy" Stephanie whispered.

Beamer took a quick look at the person she was pointing at, it was a random dark man who just walked into the supermarket.

"It's not him" Beamer dragged her to come see.

"I swear! I thought it was him" Stephanie started laughing, Beamer suspected she might have been lying just to scare him.

"Imagine if there were cameras that just saw our display of madness" Beamer stated jokingly, Stephanie raised his heads to a TV displaying multiple camera angle views. Beamer laughed it off again, they successfully walked out with '100naira biscuits and 2 cold sachet water'.

Most students were already at the tuck shop buying stuff before break started, the noise from students leaving their classes woke Moyo up in science class.

Moyo took a look around the class and Timi and the rest of his friends were nowhere to be found, their seats were practically empty since she got to class.

Balikis from out of nowhere walked up to her and asked "where are our boyfriends?" Balikis rephrased herself because of Moyo's sleepy/confused facial expression "where is Jason and Timi?"

"Jason is your boyfriend?" Moyo asked.

"Not yet"

"I haven't seen any of them in school today" Moyo excused Balikis out of the way and left.

Moyo and Zuriel walked passed each other in the hallway, Zuriel stopped to call her back, this came as a huge shock to Moyo, she had to answer to know what was going on.

"VP seized your sister's phone, she needs your help collecting it back... Since you and VP..."Zuriel didn't finish herself, but Moyo knew full well that she was referring to when she got reported for selling sweets.

"I'm not the one who casted you" Moyo clarified and left.

Zuriel stood there trying to reason why Moyo would still lie about it, up till this point.

Jason and Timi conversed with Lawal and two other art students at the usual spot they sat in garden.

Lawal sat on the head of the chair cause he didn't want to have to squeeze in with the other four, Jason had to sit in between Lawal's legs with Lawal's arms resting on his shoulders and chest. Jason would normally never let that happen but he saw it as Lawal giving him green light.

Jason started feeling left out when they spoke Yoruba, all he could grab from what they were saying was "Jason's mum is hot"

This irritated him so much he had to ask to make sure he didn't hear them wrong "did you just say 'my mum is hot'? why??" Jason asked, they laughed at him but never bothered translating what they said.

"Since we're on that topic... "Jason bent his head backwards looking up to Lawal on top of him "Lawal who's finer between me and Timi" everyone on the bench was weirded out by his question.

"How will I know? Am I gay?" Lawal's reply was stupid but expected.

Malvin interrupted them to call Jason out, Jason quickly asked Malvin who was finer before he followed him.

"Jason" Malvin said in a way like he was still calling him and not actually answering, but Jason took it as a response.

"I'm not gay but I can tell you're ugly" Jason told Lawal before he left with Malvin. Lawal felt slightly offended but took it as a joke cause Jason was entirely wrong, a lot of people saw Lawal as attractive. Timi became really infuriated by this, he had to be the one telling them to ignore Jason.

Malvin brought Jason to Chika on the other side of the garden, Malvin thought having the two of them together would help him remember what happened at teen fest.

"Wait shey you guys talked at teen fest?" Malvin asked.

"No that was with senior Timi" Chika said.

Malvin facepalmed and wanted to go get Timi but it would've been pretty awkward dragging someone else out of their conversation again so he didn't.

"What did you and Timi talk about?" Jason asked.

"...school" Chika wanted to tell him exactly what happened but he remembered Timi's advice.

Jason wasn't buying it, he asked for Chika's address so he could talk about it later after school.

Malvin felt the need to say something since he brought them there so he asked Chika "wait why was Tope quiet in class today? I think she doesn't like me.... And I know it's not because she's homophobic cause you're gay and she's your friend...."

Chika stuttered after hearing the word 'gay'

"No offense" Malvin said.

"I don't know for her...but she's Tope... It's probably something else" Chika responded.

After a while of the three of them standing with their hands on their waist pushing back their blazers in the air, Malvin dismissed Chika.

"Did you just come out to him?" Jason asked when Chika was no longer within earshot.

"I think I already have" Malvin says.