Chapter 52

SSS3 science class invigilator was the homophobic biology teacher Jason challenged earlier this term; Mr. Adonis.

He wasn't that strict, but he had an eye on Jason and his row, Jason remained calm and kept writing his exams.

SSS3 students were having Civic while SSS2 were having chemistry, most of the seniors and juniors cooperated with each other to have a successful exam. Tope stayed far away from Zuriel and her sister in the class to not get herself into any trouble, Zuriel was pretty fine without her.

Jason and Timi were passing objective answers to the back anytime Mr. Adonis wasn't looking, the Civic Education paper was easy, so they didn't have to do that all the time.

Malvin was stuck in the first theory question that was compulsory to answer, he didn't want to ask for help because of junior ones around, but he had such little time left so he tried calling Jason quietly, Mr. Adonis looked at him the second he heard someone call Jason.

"Why are you calling Jason? If you talk again, I'd send you out of this class" Mr. Adonis pointed at Malvin, everyone turned to look at who he was talking to.

"I wanted to ask for his eraser" Malvin rolled his eyes, Jason threw his eraser to him to the back.

The invigilator in SS2 science class came late, so they started their exams after everyone else had already started, the students protested when the invigilator wanted them to finish the same time as others.

Chika didn't join the protest, he was panicking on his seat because of Lekan behind him, Stephanie didn't want to intrude but she cares too much to just ignore him.

"Nothing... It's just that SSS1 students are so lucky right now" Chika lied when Steph asked what bothered him.

"I swear" Steph continued writing her paper.

Chika filled himself with happy thoughts of Lekan to calm his nerves, but Chika reminded himself again that Lekan abused him publicly, Chika was on the verge of breaking down in the class.

"The answer is chlorine" Steph answered the first question of Chika's chemistry paper thinking that was what was bothering him.

"Thanks" Chika didn't need her help, but he ticked it anyways.

Few Students started submitting their papers before the exam was over, Malvin felt rushed, he needed to finish that minute, Timi and Zuriel in front of him had already left the class and Jason was 3 seats away from him, he tried calling Jason again, Mr. Adonis heard him through all the noise the people leaving were making.

"Get out of this class" Mr. Adonis shouted.

"I'm not yet done" Malvin talked back.

Mr. Adonis walked up to him and dragged his paper out of his hand almost tearing it. Malvin followed him behind "sir can I have my paper back?"

"I said get out" Mr. Adonis pushed him.

"Please don't touch me" Malvin said calmly, everyone started staring. "My paper please?" He stretched out his hand again.

Mr. Adonis ignored him standing there, Jason tried convincing Malvin to leave it alone, but Malvin didn't let go.

"It's like you're mad... Follow me to the guard room" Mr. Adonis grabbed Malvin by his blazer and pushed him forward.

"I said 'don't touch me' ahhhh!" Malvin pushed his hand off, some students wanted to intervene, but Malvin stopped them "don't worry... I'll follow you to the guard room" Malvin stopped resisting and walked in front of him.

Mr. Adonis wanted the 'last laugh', he shoved Malvin into the guard room when they got there, Malvin held himself from saying anything stupid.

Malvin met a familiar face in the guard room, so he wasn't alone. "Why are you here?" Malvin asked Zino.

"I was wearing slippers... " Zino said sitting on the floor, Malvin sat beside him.

"Because of football training?" Malvin guessed.

"No... We stopped training since because of exams...no more games till interschool match..." Zino drifted and stopped talking, he was so lost in his thoughts that Malvin had to snap him out of it. "What are you thinking about?"

"My parents... I don't like this at all... Last time this happened that was when I... "

"Repeated? Sorry I didn't mean to-" Malvin apologized for being intrusive.

"If they tell my dad now, he will kill me at home...I'm so fucking tired" Zino face palmed.

"Hey it's OK.... you're not the only one tired of your parents... "

"How can you be tired of your parents when they give you everything??" Zino asked Malvin.

Malvin finally confessed "I lied to everyone when I said 'my parents brought me back to Nigeria to finish my education'....my parents are separated, and I live with only my mum now... My dad is still in the UK... The real reason I'm back is because my mum caught me kissing another guy in UK and assumed the country was 'spoiling' me.... So, she brought me back to Nigeria to learn 'our ways'... She doesn't know I'd still kiss boys no matter what country I'm in... " Malvin pauses to let Zino take in that huge life dump then kisses him.

"They'd soon catch us... I swear!" Zino joked.

"Let them.... I like doing it in public spaces" Malvin starts to make-out with Zino.

Everyone is done with their papers except SSS2 science class, Lekan uses his phone to cheat throughout the exam, the invigilator had been suspecting him for way too long so he decides to check what's going on.

"You! stand up!!" the invigilator instructed him, he searched him head to toe and didn't find anything on Lekan.

He asked Stephanie in front to stand up "search yourself" he told Stephanie, she patted her body and reached for her breast pocket and brought nothing out.

"What class are you in?" He asked Chika after telling Stephanie to sit down.

"SS2 sir" Chika responded. The invigilator walked back and sat down. Lekan collected his phone back from Chika and thanked him from beneath his desk.

Chika only did this for Stephanie, cause Lekan immediately passed the phone to Stephanie when the invigilator was coming then Steph asked Chika to hide it, incase he searches her.