Chapter 60

Jason, Timi, Moyo and Balikis were called to the Vice Principal's office, the next morning after the Christmas carol.

Mr Adonis and Jason's mum were seated there waiting for them, Jason's Dad was too ashamed to even be there.

The VP recognized a familiar face when they walked in "wait I've seen you before...You were the girl who reported Zuriel Egwu for selling sweets" Moyo pointed at herself asking if the VP was talking to her. The VP looked over to Balikis.

"Yes ma" Balikis nodded. The other three were shocked, Timi realized Moyo had been telling the truth the entire time.

Mr Adonis handed Balikis' confiscated phone over to the VP, she went through the 3seconds video and couldn't make anything much out of it.

"How did you get this video?" The VP asked.

"I recorded it when I followed them... J-Jason actually...I needed his help in the hall" Balikis was lying about something for sure.

The VP didn't make any judgement for two minutes straight, she just stared at the students in front of her and her teachers. The VP asked Timi "What were you doing at that building in the first place?"

"Jason asked me to follow him there saying he wanted to tell me something, when we got there... He kissed me... " Timi looked at Mrs Jeffrey who was utterly disgusted before continuing "I left angrily... And didn't speak with him again... Until Moyo slapped me in the hall"

The VP didn't believe Timi's statement so she had to clarify with Jason and Moyo "Is this true?"

"Yes ma" Jason answered.

"Ma, I-I wasn't in the abandoned building with them...after the Christmas Carol events, I received a text message from Balikis, just before Jason and her...DANCED!" Moyo excluded the part were Jason and Balikis made out on the dance floor "so I left the main hall to use the toilet in my class block, when I was done, I opened the video she sent me... it made me really angry at Timi cause he was my.... "

"You can say boyfriend" The VP insisted.

"...DATE to the Carol, that's why I hit him" Moyo objected.

The VP didn't ask for any more stories, she told them to each write their statements before she decides what to do. She stacked up their statements after reading them, asking her secretary to place it in their respective files. She came to a final decision to not involve Timi's parents, since he was the "victim" and place Jason and Moyo under internal suspension for the rest of the day. She deleted the video before returning Balikis' phone back to her and dismissing everyone.

Mr Adonis saw to it that Jason and Moyo got to the computer lab for their internal suspension. The VP asked them to clean up the small computer lab as punishment.

"Why did you lie?" Moyo asked Jason when Mr Adonis shut the door behind them.

"About what?" Jason picked up a rag to start cleaning.

"What Timi said in VP's office.... That was obviously a lie"

"Timi's parents don't need to know about this... If they do.. They'd kill him"

Moyo wasn't still satisfied with Jason's answer, there was more she wanted to ask "how long have you guys been doing this?"

"Moyo! The two of us are here for both harrassing Timi... So we should probably get to work"

Moyo didn't oblige, she picked up a duster to start with the dirty desktops first. She kept on fake sneezing everytime she dusted the computers, making Jason feel sorry for her. He took over the entire work and did everything himself just so they could get out quickly.

Moyo sat idle on a table watching Jason do all the work, Jason wasn't OK with the idea of him working alone so he asked Moyo to look for something to do.

Moyo hissed "I can't believe I used to have a crush on you. You're so annoying"

"I'm annoying??" Jason stopped and walked up to where she was seated. "You're the one who came out of nowhere and stole my boyfriend from me. So you don't get to talk"

Moyo froze up when she heard him call Timi "his boyfriend", she rolled her eyes and got down from the table to work, she tried convincing herself that she wasn't enjoying every second of being alone with Jason but she couldn't which was frustrating. Jason was just as frustrated as Moyo cause he was missing out on a huge opportunity to play in an interschool match.

Timi was hopeful that he'd get to play with the school team, he went to go change into his sport-wear after the VP dismissed them. The look on Beamer's face when he got to the field signaled something was wrong.

Beamer felt it was best Timi sat down on the pavilion to hear what he had to say. "Everyone knows, And not just about Chika. Like you, Jason and the rest"

"How??" Timi fumbled

"Word travels fast, I don't know who exactly spread it, but even some SSS1 students know..." Beamer stopped talking cause he was only making things worse.

Timi still wanted to play, so he ignored everything and joined the team on the field, they weren't very much accepting of his presence but no-one said a word.

When the bus taking them to the other school came, Their coach dismissed Timi by saying the bus was full even though there was an empty seat behind.

Zino almost stood up for Timi but he couldn't risk getting removed as the football captain.

Timi felt so offended, he didn't say anything, he just went back to class to change.

On Timi's way to class, everyone was headed in the opposite direction, people were climbing down the stairs to rush to go see what happened. Timi was so confused, he joined the crowd when he saw Stephanie and Zuriel headed that way.

A huge gathering started to form just in front of the gate, the noise being made prompted Jason and Moyo to check what was going on outside the computer lab, almost the entire school was outside at that very moment.

Jason and Moyo found their way up the administration block; which was just opposite the front of the gate so they could see what was happening. Turned out everyone was gathering to see a distressed Pascal wearing a bloody vest with his shirt unbuttoned.

The gatemen chased all students except Pascal to the assembly hall for an urgent assembly called by the Vice Principal.

People wanted to know what exactly was happening in the hall, Tope already guessed what could've possibly happened because Chika wasn't around but she needed to confirm first.

The Vice Principal went on stage to announce the end of the year party held the next day had been cancelled due to the loss of a student.

She asked that his friends go visit his family during these tough times before giving him tribute "...may Chika's soul rest in perfect peace... A moment of silence for the deceased" The VP pleaded.

The silence struck nearly immediately but it was disrupted by Olamide almost bursting out laughing, everyone else started holding back their laughter.

Tope, Jason, Timi, Stephanie, Malvin even Zuriel and others who had a personal relationship with Chika felt bittered to the core and ashamed of the students reaction.