Chapter 40

Pascal stood outside Chika's gate knocking for a while, he stopped when he heard someone struggling to open the gate from behind.

"I thought you were going to leave... What are you doing here?" Chika blocked the entrance to his house.

"Well you can't get rid of me that easy... Aren't you going to let me enter?" Pascal asked.

Chika made way for him, Pascal entered the compound then paused when he saw Chika hadn't left the front of his gate, they stared at each other before Pascal gestured for Chika to lead the way.

Chika didn't say anything to Pascal, he just went up to his room leaving pascal in the parlor, Pascal sat there before he realized Chika had abandoned him.

Pascal didn't want to go to his room, because he wasn't comfortable since he hasn't been to his house before.

He couldn't take it anymore, he walked right upstairs and barged into Chika's room without knocking.

Chika was there lying on his bed with his back facing Pascal, Pascal stood at the door waiting for Chika to face him but he didn't.

"Why didn't you come to school today?" Pascal asked not receiving an answer from Chika. "See I'm sorry truly! I just want you to know I mean well....and I have no idea what you must be going through.... But I've been really trying with you... And you keep pushing me away."

Chika finally stood up from his bed to open his curtains before going back to lie down.

"Why didn't you report Lateef?" Pascal asked.

"....what would I say? 'Sir! Senior Lateef beat me for kissing his brother' what do you think they'd do?" Chika mimicked a childish voice when quoting his report.

Pascal sat down on Chika's bed to listen to him but Chika had nothing to say, he just kept backing him.

"Tope came today o, she couldn't come yesterday because she wasn't feeling fine..." Pascal mentioned.

"Oh" was all Chika could say.

"Are you going for teen fest? I have two tickets with me and.... My brother is no longer going with me.... So?"

"No thank you"

Pascal stood up to leave but he dropped the second ticket on Chika's desk first "just incase you change your mind" Pascal opened the door and left.

Timi got to Moyo's house around half past four after his plan failed. He had hoped Moyo's father would have been back from work so Moyo would call off the whole thing.

Timi wanted to get it over with so he was being extra flirtatious when he got there, Timi decided to take things upstairs so he could get out of Tope's hair cause she couldn't stand them.

Timi went up first leaving his phone behind on the couch, Moyo quickly reminded Tope of his password "remember it's 2-5-8-2" before following Timi up.

Timi started kissing Moyo on the neck when she closed her room door behind her, Moyo wondered what had gotten into him but she didn't mind.

They started making out, Moyo was enjoying every second of it, it was like a dream come true. Timi started taking of her clothes real quick, Moyo felt rushed but she didn't want it to end.

Timi's coping mechanism was pretending Moyo was Malvin and it actually worked, except for when he placed his hands on her breasts.

They kept kissing completely naked, but Timi drew the line at sex, Moyo convinced him to do it anyway unprotected.

Tope's hands were shaking as she typed in Timi's password, she went straight to his WhatsApp and typed the word "gay" in the search, to her surprise she saw a lot of texts, most of which were from Jason.

Tope scrolled through Jason and Timi's chats and she was stunned, she was kind of hoping they were joking with each other as she read their texts, an idea popped into her head for her to look up her sister's name "Moyo" in their chats.

That was when she stumbled upon a text sent by Jason which Timi never replied to "When are you going to break up with Moyo? If you really care about me you'd do it" Tope slammed the phone on her lap when she read it.

She took at least 10 screenshots of their chats before sending them to her number then deleting the screenshots afterwards.

She cleared WhatsApp from his recent apps then returned the phone the way it was.

Timi started leaving for home after Moyo's father called stating he was almost home, Moyo had a wonderful time, she kissed Timi goodbye before he left.

Moyo exclamates in Yoruba after Timi leaves "I'm not supposed to be telling you this... But yes we did it!"

"Are you serious?" Tope was stunned. Moyo nods

Tope saw her sister was extremely happy with Timi and that was all that matters so she didn't bring up the texts.

"So what did you see in his phone" but Moyo did instead.

"The only text that came up when I searched the word 'gay' was from your class WhatsApp group... When they were talking about Lil Nas' hit song!" Tope lied, Moyo finally felt relieved.

Timi didn't go straight to his house, he stopped at Jason's first to talk, Timi didn't feel too bad about what happened between him and Moyo but he was definitely going to leave that out when he got to Jason's

"Why are you still in uniform?" Jason asked when inviting Timi into his house.

"I stopped at Moyo's" Timi replied.

"How did she react?"

"I didn't break up with her Jason"

Jason rolled his eyes.

"What of you? Have you broken up with Zino?" Timi confronted him.

"What do you mean?"

"I know about you and Zino.... And I don't care... What's upsetting is.... You kept judging me for staying with Moyo... When you were still hungover Zino" Timi said.

"I'm not hungover Zino.... Wait did Stephanie tell you all this?"

"If you're not hungover him... Then what of Malvin" Timi ignored Jason's question.

"So it was Malvin who told you"

"It doesn't matter" Timi said "this entire time you had me feeling like shit... So Stephanie even knew about you and Zino"

"Timi please just go.... I don't want to talk about this" Jason begged.

Timi stormed out of his house, when he got outside, he could feel tears trickling down his eyes but he wiped them off, he wanted to stay mad at Jason not sad.