Chapter 28

Chika finally left his room to find something to eat, and he was pleasantly surprised by how clean the house looked, almost as if no one lived in it. The house appeared strangely tidy, even though he wasn't typically the best with housekeeping.

He stood in the kitchen, contemplating what to eat. Cereal had become his default option, but he was tired of it. He had a hankering for a proper meal, but the thought of cooking felt daunting, and his laziness got the better of him.

He had hoped his mother had prepared something before leaving for work, but unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Now, he had to summon the will to make something for himself, even though he felt rather unmotivated.

He heard a faint knock on his gate, but initially dismissed it, assuming it was something else. But when the knocking persisted, he realized it might be Tope, the only likely visitor at that hour. Reluctantly, he went out and opened the gate, expecting to see Tope, but instead, it was Lekan standing there.

The pain in his rear suddenly returned, and he had a fleeting thought of slamming the gate shut on Lekan's face. He managed to control himself and kept the gate open, waiting to see what Lekan wanted.

"How'd you know where my house was?" that was the first question that crossed Chika's mind.

Lekan remained silent, refusing to answer, and simply walked in without acknowledging the question. Chika sighed, locking the gate behind him with a hint of annoyance.

Although Chika knew what Lekan came for, he decided to play dumb since Lekan was unwilling to talk. He was prepared to see how things would unfold and whether Lekan would eventually open up about his intentions.

They got into the house, Lekan settled in the middle of the living room, seemingly idle and aimless. Meanwhile, Chika returned to his room upstairs. Feeling increasingly weary of the pretense, Chika walked back downstairs and invited Lekan to join him upstairs.

Chika felt a sense of authority as he directed Lekan without uttering a word. After they got into his room, he instructed Lekan to lock the door, mentally preparing himself for the coming events.

Chika having dominating the experience, left him with a newfound sense of confidence. Feeling more in control of his emotions, he knew it was the opportune moment to reveal his true feelings to Malik. Without hesitation, he texted Malik, inviting him to come over, ready to share his emotions after Lekan had left.

Not long after Beamer spoke up Stephanie, he shifted the conversation to soccer while hanging out with Timi at Jason's. Intrigued by the topic, Timi decided to search for Jason's ball since Beamer wouldn't stop talking about it.

Having found the ball, Timi began demonstrating some impressive trick shots, catching Beamer's attention. Encouraged by Beamer's admiration and hype, Timi's ego started to soar as he continued to showcase his skills with the ball.

Beamer began recording Timi's impressive soccer skills, and when Timi finished, he eagerly asked to see the video recording of himself. Beamer suggested waiting until he could edit it to make it even better.

Drawing on his anime editing skills, Beamer added music, transitions, and trimmed out any unnecessary parts. The final result exceeded Timi's expectations, and he was thrilled with the polished video showcasing his soccer prowess.

"Send it to me on WhatsApp" Timi requested.

"I even want to play, but not in the compound. Let's go to the field, I really hope no one is there" Beamer suggested.

Stephanie and Jason stood outside her house, anxiously waiting for Zino to arrive, hoping he managed to find his way using the directions they gave him. Stephanie felt conflicted about Zino coming over because she knew it could make things awkward between them. She wasn't in a good place with Beamer, and the last thing she wanted was to complicate matters further by tryin anything she will regret with Zino.

"That's him, in the red shirt and black joggers, I think," Jason pointed out.

Zino was infact the one wearing the red shirt and black joggers with crocs, and they welcomed him into the house.

"Stephanie, long time," Zino greeted.

"We go to the same school, I see you every day. It's not been that long," Stephanie replied, making things awkward for herself.

"I know... But we don't really talk like that," Zino said.

Stephanie nodded, asking they head back to her house, before she ended up saying anything else that might make things even more awkward.

They got inside, and Jason sat beside Zino on a couch, placing his hand on Zino's chest as Stephanie went to her room. Zino felt a bit uneasy, knowing Stephanie was still around and could walk in at any moment.

"Chill I'm not doing anything.... She's not even going to come back until you leave" Jason said.

"What happened? Why? Is she avoiding me?" Zino asked, worried.

"Nah it's a long story"

Jason's hands tightened around Zino's biceps as they drew closer, their lips meeting in a passionate kiss. Surprisingly, Zino found himself reciprocating the intensity of the moment.

Stephanie walked in on them making out.