Chapter 27

Timi felt regretful for jeopardizing what he had with Jason. He missed the moments they would sneak away to be together, and now he felt foolish for his actions. He hadn't really spoken to Moyo since the incident, and he realized their relationship wasn't going anywhere, but he didn't know how to break up with her.

He yearned for someone who could understand him and listen, but Jason, who used to fill that role, was now distant. Timi thought about confiding in his brother, who he knew would be accepting, but he didn't feel ready to come out completely. Coming out was a significant step, and he wanted to ensure he was in a safe and secure space before taking that leap.
Timi felt even if he wanted Wale to know, he'd have to tell him in person and not over the phone.

Jason's mum interrupted his thoughts, "See the way you're just sitting down, thinking, when you don't have children. What are you thinking about? Is it girls?" She playfully teased. Timi laughed it off and responded "no ma" politely.

When asked about Jason's whereabouts, Timi mentioned that he went to Stephanie's place. Mrs. Jeffrey continued to inquire about their friendship and why Timi and Jason seemed distant. Timi tried to downplay the situation, saying they were still friends but just busy with their phones and books.

After the conversation, Timi zoned out, lost in his thoughts, still pondering the situation with Jason and how to navigate their current state of affairs.

Jason indeed went to Stephanie's house after changing shirts. Stephanie warmly welcomed him, reminding him to take off his slides before entering to keep the place clean. The house was beautiful, but the lack of power made it feel a bit dull. Nevertheless, they settled on the large brown sofa in the living room, with Jason casually placing his legs on the glass table in between the other armchairs on the left and right.

Stephanie playfully hit his legs in response, and they both laughed as he quickly withdrew them. But, Stephanie still seemed a bit down, and Jason noticed her change in mood.

"Where's Timi? I thought he was at your house," Stephanie questioned, trying to change the topic before Jason could inquire about her feelings.

"He's still there," Jason replied. Stephanie wanted to ask what was going on, but she sensed that Jason didn't want to discuss it further.

Stephanie and Jason had a special connection, and she trusted him as her best friend, so she decided to confide in him despite not wanting to talk about Beamer with anyone else.

"...I swear I really like Beamer, and I don't like Lekan at all. It only happened because I was bored and we were alone," Stephanie stated.

"I thought the only reason you even said 'yes' was to make Zino jealous?" Jason asked.

"Guy!!!" Stephanie playfully hit Jason with a throw pillow.

"I'm not stupid, I was there that day, it was so obvious," Jason laughed.

"Yes, but Beamer is actually cute and nice, and he's a great kisser-"

"OK, stop!" Jason gagged. 

Stephanie giggled, happy to have someone to talk to about her feelings for Beamer.

Jason wanted to share his own problems, just like Stephanie, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. Stephanie sensed that he was holding back, and she didn't want to push him into talking if he wasn't ready. Instead, she let him know that she was there for him whenever he felt comfortable enough to share.

They sat together on the sofa, each lost in their own thoughts, but there was a sense of comfort in their silence.

Back at Jason's place, Timi sat on a bench just outside the house in the compound, anxiously waiting and hoping that the person knocking at the gate was Jason. But, it turned out to be Beamer.

"Timi sat right outside Jason's house in the compound, eagerly hoping that the person knocking at the gate was Jason. However, it turned out to be Beamer.

"Timi, how far? I didn't even know you were here," Beamer greeted Timi, shaking his hand. "Where's Jason? I would've called, but-"

"Oh, he went to Stephanie's house," Timi replied. Beamer looked a bit disappointed but stayed put since Timi was there.

"What happened between you and Stephanie?" Timi inquired, noticing Beamer's reaction when he mentioned her name.

"What do you mean? Who told you?" Beamer responded with curiosity.

"Nobody. When I called her name, you weren't happy, and I just found out you guys were dating, so I wasn't expecting that reaction," Timi explained.

Beamer stared at Timi for a moment, firstly saying "nothing". Before eventually, sighing and deciding to share his thoughts with Timi instead of waiting to talk to Jason.

Timi was all ears, knowing that talking with Beamer could provide a welcome distraction from his own thoughts about Jason.

Throughout the day, Chika had confined himself to his room, his parents being absent most of the time, gave him the freedom to do as he pleased. He had been on a call with Malik for over two hours, contemplating how to express his feelings, but the words never seemed to come out.

"...guy, this call is two hours, seven minutes long, how???" Chika asked.

"This is probably the longest call I've been on with anyone," Malik responded with a chuckle.

"Awwnnn, so I'm special-" Chika began, ready to share his feelings.

But Malik's laughter cut him off, "Guy, later. I don't want my brother to know. So, cut the call."

Playfully, Chika teased, "No, you cut it."

"Is this one mad? Cut the call, baba!" Malik laughed, and Chika playfully hung up.

Chika fell to his bed, a wide smile still lingering on his face as replayed the conversation with Malik in his mind.

The power finally came back on, and Stephanie hurried to the fridge to grab a bowl of Pringles, placing it on the centre table. She turned on the TV and started browsing through Netflix to find something interesting to watch, while Jason eagerly dipped his hand into the bowl of snacks, munching on the crispy chips.

"What about 'Elite'?" Stephanie suggested, holding up the show for Jason to see. Jason replied with a nod.

They settled comfortably on the couch, Pringles between them, as the show 'Elite' began.

An intimate scene between two guys and a girl appeared on the screen, Jason felt a bit uncomfortable. To avoid any awkwardness, he quickly dialed Zino's number, knowing it would create a distraction and give him an excuse not to watch the scene.

"Who are you calling?" Stephanie asked.

"It's Zino, I wanted to see if he can come, I wanted to train with him" Jason says.

"Are you OK? Please don't... You know it'd be somehow...I don't even have ball in my house, how do you want to train?"

"I just want to see him."

"Jason I don't like what you're doing."

"Relax I don't think he knows you have a crush on him."

"HAD-" Stephanie corrects him.