Chapter 62

The death of Chika took a huge toll on Jason's mental health, it's all he could think about till after school when him and Timi got to Timi's house.

After they got into Timi's room, Jason laid on Timi's bed with Timi standing in front undressing, Timi wanted to get Jason's mind off Chika's death so he started talking about school instead but it was probably not a good idea cause school also reminded Jason of Chika.

"Did VP seem somehow this morning to you?" Timi brought up.

"How?" Jason sat right up

"Like she wasn't homophobic... After she watched the Video... She didn't have the reaction of a middle aged Nigerian woman... I mean see your mummy... She was doing 'God forbid' with her hands" Timi flicked his thumb against his middle finger then moved it backwards over his head to demonstrate Jason's mum's reaction

"I get what you're saying sha..."

"Ehen... Did you know coachee didn't let me join them to play... He was telling me bus was full when I could see an empty seat at the back... Like am I blind??"

"That's true... I wanted to ask you sef when I saw you in assembly hall... Cause I knew you carried your Jersey and boots in your bag incase our plan worked."

"That man is a bastard... I don't blame him... I'm sure it was our mates that went to tell him rubbish... See the looks they were giving me... If it was you...it could've been worse"

"I dare them to try that one to my face... " Jason boasted and scoffed. He stood up from the bed and pulled off Timi's uniform that he borrowed for school before handing it to him.

Timi wanted to have grief sex with Jason when they were both half naked but Jason was too moody to do anything so they didn't. The two of them laid on the bed in only boxers beside each other, tempted to engage with one another. Jason finally made a move, he wanted to make out with Timi but a knock on Timi's front gate stopped them.

Wale answered it since he was the closest to the gate. Jason's sister; Jessica was the one knocking, Wale was stunned by her, cause she's never looked this pretty before she went to study overseas. Apparently Timi and Jason weren't the only one who had a thing in both families.

"Is Jason here?" Jessica removes the shades she had on.

"Yeah he's inside" Wale scanned her from head to toe, Jessica was in a multicolored handkerchief top, with black bum shorts and silver sandals, she completed the look with stiletto nails on her fingers to compliment her fair complexion.

Wale brought Jessica into Timi's room, Timi and Jason were far apart from each other on Timi's bed, Wale wasn't the only one having weird thoughts after seeing two of them like that.

Jason ran to hug Jessica "when did you come?"

"You're killing me" Jessica asked Jason to hug gentler "I came back today... Daddy told me what happened.... He said you'd be here"

Timi and Wale excused themselves so Jason and Jessica could talk privately, Jason asked Jessica to sit beside him on Timi's bed.

"Wait are you sure it's not just a phase?? Maybe you haven't found the right girl yet??" Jessica insisted.

"Jessie I expect you've all people to understand... I mean... Haven't you seen gay people over there... 'LGBTs, Pride month, Drag queens'???" Jason mentioned queer related terms.

"I know... But it's legal over there"

"Just because it's illegal here doesn't mean we don't exist... They're tons of closeted queers here in Nigeria"

Jessica wasn't still accepting of Jason, she had no problem with other queers, she just didn't want her brother to be queer "don't worry it'll pass" Jessica tried convincing Jason he could still be straight.

"That's what I told myself 10years ago.... And now I'm still queer as.... "

"Shut up! You don't know what you're saying" Jessica scorned.

Jason overestimated his sister, he didn't expect her to act that way. Jason's phone ringing broke the tension between them. Jason hurriedly left to go answer Beamer in Timi's eldest brother's room.

"I AM SO SORRY... I just heard from Malvin what happened when I got back" Beamer apologized.

"It's OK... It's not your fault... How was the match?"

"You and Timi needed to have been there... If it makes you feel any better we lost" Beamer said.

"Hmmm... A little bit"

Beamer chuckled "hey if you need anyone to talk to... I'm here"

"I do actually... My LGM!"

"OK fine tell me"

"I mean I want to TEXT HER" Jason said.

Beamer got Jason's point and hung up,  few seconds later Jason texted Beamer on his LGM number which read out "this past few days have been hell for me, everyone found out I was gay, my dad disowned me, my mum won't even look at me...I just lost a friend and my sister that I usually turn to for comfort just came back and thinks 'I'm going through a phase'... Oh sorry How was your day?"

"omg this is too much for me to take all at once, I can only imagine the pain you must be going through... I really hope you get through this... Always remember you're not alone" Beamer texted back as LGM.

Jason broke character and laughed, it was hard for him to keep texting knowing he's actually conversing with Beamer, he recorded a voice note saying "you know I should be angry at you for impersonating someone else and getting all these personal information from me...funny enough I just realized we never sent each other VNs"

"I'm sorry....but it's not like I planned to... It just happened" Beamer sent his own Voice note.

Jason texted Beamer "later" when he heard Timi call from outside, Timi begged Jason to give Jessica some time to process everything rather than be upset at her.

Jessica apologized for shouting at Jason, the thing about the two of them is that they've always had 'brotherly-sisterly love' for each other so their bond was unbreakable, they immediately forgive and forget.

Jessica asked Jason to follow her to go beg their father to forgive him, Jason wanted nothing to do with his dad again but Jessica's words convinced him to go.

Jason wore what he came with the day before to go to back home, he already planned that Jessica would do all the talking and if his father doesn't agree, he'd kindly leave.