Chapter 47

Timi hangs in art class with an old time friend of his; Lawal, who shares similiar physical attributes with Jason, Both Fair, bodybuilt, buzzcut with a low fade and about 5"7.

Although they attend the same school, they barely talked, now was one of the few times they sit down and have a full conversation other than the
usual "how far?" they say to each other when they crossed paths.

Lawal mainly spoke vernacular English or Yoruba so it was hard for Timi to switch up, Lawal was one of the reasons why Timi was fluent in vernacular and yoruba.

Jason had been spying on the two of them from outside art class, he had this sense of feeling that Timi was trying to make him jealous since they both agreed to seeing other people while dating.

Jason wasn't sure if Lawal was gay but he felt like the right type of guy Timi would go after. Jason made up his mind to get to Lawal before Timi did instead.

"I've been looking for you since" Jason lied to Timi when he got in.

"Class was dry.... So I came here" Timi spreads his arm around the chair him and Lawal were seated on.

Jason places a kneel on an empty chair in front of them so he could face them and talk to them rather than sitting on it.

"How far boss?" Lawal leans for a hand shake.

"I'm fine" Jason shakes back, he could feel his gaydar tingling already.

SSS2 students started retreating into their classes when Malvin and Zuriel walked up the stairs. Malvin laughed at their cowardice, he assured them he wasn't there for anyone or anything in particular but he couldn't say the same for Zuriel.

Zuriel called Tope out of her class from the hallway, Malvin went into the class after Tope came out.

"Where's that Chika guy?" Malvin asked the class from the front.

Chika stood up in fear trying to cover his area by wedging it against his desk, Malvin asked him to sit back down nicely and went to meet him instead.

Zuriel had come to collect the screenshots from Tope "I texted you on WhatsApp to send them to me....but you didn't respond"

"I didn't have data that time...let me see if I can connect to the school's WiFi" Tope brought out her phone from a fanny pack wrapped around her waist, right after she unlocked her phone the VP came up from behind and collected her phone.

They had no idea the VP was coming, no-one was able to warn them, luckily the VP didn't really notice Zuriel beside her so she didn't question her for being in SSS2 block.

"You can collect this after the term ends" Tope's heart skipped at the VP's words.

Tope wasn't about to have her phone seized from her again, she couldn't bare it the last time, what would she even tell her father if he asked.

Zuriel tried calming her down and advised Tope has her sister intervene, so the VP can be lenient.

Jason was being a huge jerk to Timi and he didn't know, Jason kept hugging all the attention and this annoyed Timi but he kept quiet, he saw everything as 'Jason just being Jason'.

"I no know say you dey follow art guys rap" Lawal was surprised Jason mingled with students of other departments.

"Why? I dey follow everybody talk" Jason replied back in vernacular.

Timi retaliated by speaking Yoruba with Lawal so Jason wouldn't understand. Jason had an idea of what they were saying but he couldn't fully comprehend.

"I sabi Yoruba, I no fit just speak am" Jason lied about understanding Yoruba.

"Wait you're Yoruba?" Probably the first sentence Lawal has said in English since the conversation started.

Timi exposed Jason for being from Delta, Lawal proceeded to ask Jason for his 'deltan' name.

"I don't have any 'deltan' name all my names are English even my surname....Jason Jonathan Jeffrey" Jason stated his full name.

Lawal felt it was weird he didn't have a traditional name but he was amazed by his names alliteration.

Jason heard a familiar voice call his name from behind, it was his mother's, of course his mother is one of the few teachers that didn't go for Mr Akinluyi's retirement party.

"What are you doing here?" Mrs Jeffrey asked.

"We weren't having any classes so.... We came to arts for class" Jason was getting pretty good at lying. He removed his kneel from the chair and sat properly.

About a hundred or more tricycles had stopped for Stephanie and Beamer to ask if they were going, but none of them was the one they were looking for.

Beamer hassled Stephanie to forget about the bag, but she couldn't, Stephanie asked Beamer to follow her to the tricycle park, if any luck they might find the tricycle, they're looking for there.

Stephanie went to meet who was in charge to describe the driver but it was to no avail, cause she basically described like half the drivers there, all she could come up with was "he's fair and was wearing something like blue"

Beamer was tired of looking for the bag for almost two hours, he insisted they stopped at a food joint before they continued their search, Stephanie herself needed to eat something so she agreed.

Students couldn't take their eyes off Malvin and Chika in SSS2 science class, a lot of them wondered if they had something going on outside school, Malvin was loving the stares, Chika was intimidated by them but he tried his best in hiding it.

Malvin sat on the desk of Tope and Chika's seat, he kept on interrogating Chika, trying to remember what he said to him at teen fest.

Tope sat beside Chika and Pascal quiet, thinking of her phone, Malvin tried asking what was going on, but her response was very weak, he felt it had something to do with him, cause last time she wasn't very fond of him either. He left her alone and decided to concentrate on Chika. Pascal was just glad that Chika was being himself again

"Are you a Nicki Fan?" Malvin asked.

Chika smirked and a sudden rush of confidence came out of nowhere "I'm me, I'm..." Chika started singing 'Chun Swae' by Nicki Minaj.

"Barbie dripping" Malvin chorused.

Some other girls started chorusing along Malvin when Chika continued, all eyes were on Chika when he started to rap Nicki nonstop, Malik wanted to tag along but was scared, Olamide felt irritated and left the class.

Chika felt kind of accepted again, it made him feel special that some people were cheering him on.